Collapse
No announcement yet.

The South on top of East?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading the first few pages of this thread, and wow, versatile needs to take a class on logic because it seems like he can't comprehend simple concepts.

Comment

Smokin', what I mean is that there is a time and place for everything. Right now, yes, I'm tired of listening to all these lyrical albums that deal with such serious topics. For a person that spends their whole day thinking, be it a college student, high school student, or a professional, about the last thing that you want to do is come home and listen to some serious topics that deal with the ills of the world. That **** just puts an extra burden on your already stressed mind.

There are times when lyrical rap is awesome, hell, I'm always a lyrical rap fan first, but then there are times in a person's life where they need to escape, whethere it's true some stupid chopped and screwed music, or some Lil John beats that make your head nod; I think that's one of the reasons that Southern music is so popular now a days.

Hell, I was just listening to Only Built 4 Cuban Links earlier, and I took it out and put in 3 6 Mafia's When the smoke Clears.

East coast fans seem to have more of a problem with the rise of the South than Southern fans did about the rise of Eastern music. Why is that?

Comment

All I know is all the southern music that is out right now was being done back in the day (early 90s) by UGK, but there was so much hate from the East Coast that they were never heard and were underground kings, not mainstream kings. NY was doing there party raps back in Diddy's time and the South wasn't saying anything but now that the South is putting out party-type ****, the NY is all on their jock.

Comment

Huh?

You're saying that NY is all over the South's jock now that they're putting out party raps? Hmmm, I think that's contrary to the truth. From the opinions of East coast fans that I've heard, most of them despise the Lil John and Crunk music. I never heard the amount of hate that comes from east-coast fans being transmited by southern fans.

Comment

LOL, by 'all over their jock' I meant that they are all over these South guys dissing them left, right and centre. These East Coast guys are saying that they are killing hip hop b/c of their party raps but what about back about 10 years ago when Diddy was putting out pointless party raps and remixes, and the same goes for Busta Rhymes. Even Nas got in on the act...

Comment

Ohh, ok. Yeah, you're right. Diddy, Mase, and other East Coast rappers where putting out lame party songs back in the day. They were getting their shine on, but now that the South is doing the same thing, they want to comlain. You can't have it both ways. And to the guys that will say that not all East coast rap and not all East coast rap fans were into the party stuff, the same goes for Southern people.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying I like a lot of this southern crap but I don't but all the flak they are getting from the East when the East was doing the same thing is stupid. If anything NY is killing Hip Hop by claiming that the South is. There are many forms of hip hop, not just some lyrical type ****. You dig?

Comment

I dig, but aren't you one of the people that were hating on the South? lol, I'll admit, I used to be one of them also. I just don't like the Lil John bull****, but I think that there are some talented artist there. To me, their stuff, the good stuff not Lil John, is a lot more musical than a lot of the lyrical East-coast rap; they employ melody in their songs, and most of their lyrics sound like they have a singing tone to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist
                    I dig, but aren't you one of the people that were hating on the South? lol, I'll admit, I used to be one of them also. I just don't like the Lil John bull****, but I think that there are some talented artist there. To me, their stuff, the good stuff not Lil John, is a lot more musical than a lot of the lyrical East-coast rap; they employ melody in their songs, and most of their lyrics sound like they have a singing tone to it.
                    Yes, I hate most of the southern crap that is out there right now but I see how it is, and the NY shouldn't be hating on the south seeing as they were doing this kind of music 15 years ago and the NY was doing the same kind of **** they're doing now (party raps) about 5-10 years ago.

I do like some of the southern stuff though, but the **** that is in the mainstream right now is crap. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelfist
                      I've been reading the first few pages of this thread, and wow, versatile needs to take a class on logic because it seems like he can't comprehend simple concepts.

there u go hating. i was going to complement u on something that u said but **** that. sorry im no hiphop guru's like u guys. i say what i say and if u dont like it judge me on a 10point system with 2 other celebrities,i dont give a damn.i mean all of ya'll talk down when i say simple ****. no1 will change my mind about me thinkin the south is better.so please quit the hating cause i wont change how i see things and i hope u guys dont neither

Comment

Working...
                      X