No announcement yet.

I could really use an honest opinion about an incident that happened today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    You gotta get back on that path to serenity.
    Expected more from you.
    You are the guy who knows about great and sinister conspiracies. Real Danger!
    So it was shocking to see you getting caught up with a man on a bike.
    Unless he was an agent of You Know Who.
    Yeah you keep telling me... Im flattered and all but remember how the Buddha died? He ate tainted food, given to him in his begging bowl. He knew it was tainted and ate it anyway. His love for humanity went beyond any person being perfect now didn't it? He even was willing to die to accept these imperfections.

My dear friend Siablo please stop judging me. Its not good for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Yeah you keep telling me... Im flattered and all but remember how the Buddha died? He ate tainted food, given to him in his begging bowl. He knew it was tainted and ate it anyway. His love for humanity went beyond any person being perfect now didn't it? He even was willing to die to accept these imperfections.

My dear friend Siablo please stop judging me. Its not good for you.
      Old age is what killed The Great One.

i just thought you were a thinking person. You just a regular old hothead.

Comment

Please be objective. I really want to know if I was out of line here: I will describe the incident with commentary.

I am driving back with my younger son of 15. We are almost home, I live in Charles Village in Baltimore. We are on a street known as Guilford. We stop and a bike is riding in the middle of the street. I honk him, and indicate "get over." Note that I did not curse, no middle finger, did not even yell really. My son and I sort of said "get over!" Again, not even so much as yelling. Well the next thing I know this guy is peddling furiously cursing, etc. We come to a stop sign, and again please Note: I stopped at the stop sign, did not even speed ahead, it just that a car goes faster than a bike, and I was ahead of him at the stop sign, despite him cursing behind me.

Well dude pulls up and is yelling and I tend to get a little funny when I have family, friends in the car, so I sort of say to my son..."I am going to **** this guy up." Note: I am a martial artist, and was not going to try to harm the guy, but I wanted to stop his crap and admittingly I wanted to teach him a lesson. So I pull over on the left side of the road while he is trying to berate me on the drivers side. As I get out he gets that scared look in his eyes and says "don't get out."

Well he done it, and I am preparing myself for the worse...the guy looks to be a hipster with an attitude but I always prepare when things get to this stage...Note: I mention this for a reason. I get out and shove the guy. I shove him around 3 times, asking him what he wants to do and telling him I will kill him. I know I know...I shouldn't have said that but I have like two gears...and this guy has asked for it in my mind. I did not hit him, I shoved him about three times theatening to take him out. He is scared 5h1tless and my son is like grabbing me begging that I don't go to jail.

So two other people are now on the scene and filming, etc. One other hipster is saying "get off the left side of the road." So the initial guy starts to get brave and as he is running away, is talking crap again. I get in the car and we drive away.

Heres the thing: I would not have actually smacked him with something unless he was man enough to confront me like a man...which he obviously was not. I learned a long time ago, that especially since i aint no 20 year old, I prepare myself and use my adrenaline. So yeah I did say I would kill the hipster. But my actions? I just shoved him around a bit...and he was not a small guy, about my height at least.

So:

did he have a right to start crap with me for asking him not to take the middle of the street? I generally have no problem with cyclists by the way, I give them plenty of room on the side.

Did I abuse the poor hipster? Was I being a bully? Or did I have a right to scare the crap out of him? My son is pissed at me because he thought the police would come later lol.

Thoughts?
        You did basically everything I would do. Did he have a right to talk shlt? Everybody has a right to talk shlt.

If it was me and a biker wouldn't get out of my way, I would take all his space on the road and make it so he'd be an inch away from getting run over if he didn't move.. then if that doesnt work, honk and yell at him to get the **** off the road and let me pass.

If we both stopped at a light or something and he was still talking shlt, then it's time to throw down.

I've been in a couple road rage incidents when de escalated quickly when I got out of the car and the other guy starts whimpering sorry and that he doesnt want to fight lol. At which point I usually just call them a bltch and drive away lol, what can you do, i cant fight a guy who doesn't want to fight unless he owes me money.
        Last edited by llll; 07-22-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          You did basically everything I would do. Did he have a right to talk shlt? Everybody has a right to talk shlt.

If it was me and a biker wouldn't get out of my way, I would take all his space on the road and make it so he'd be an inch away from getting run over if he didn't move.. then if that doesnt work, honk and yell at him to get the **** off the road and let me pass.

If we both stopped at a light or something and he was still talking shlt, then it's time to throw down.

I've been in a couple road rage incidents when de escalated quickly when I got out of the car and the other guy starts whimpering sorry and that he doesnt want to fight lol. At which point I usually just call them a bltch and drive away lol, what can you do, i cant fight a guy who doesn't want to fight unless he owes me money.

Its amazing how many of these guys spoil for a fight and then decide they changed their mind. I am of the opinion, rather than have someone at my side, yelling, threatening, etc. If they want to take a swing, let them. But that comes from a slightly different place. Having sparred around so many times, its not such a threatening place to be for someone to take a poke at me.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Old age is what killed The Great One.

i just thought you were a thinking person. You just a regular old hothead.
            one myth from the Mahayana canon (where there were many Bodhisatvas) is that the Buddha died from eating tainted pork. Its a morality tale, and certainly to Traditional Theravada Buddhists there was only one Buddha and Arhats (Buddhist saints), but it shows that the Buddha accepts all individuals, warts and all! That he does not judge, even knowing that to put the tainted food aside would insult the giver. Of course as a morality tale it perhaps exxagerates, but the point is made yes my dear friend Siablo?

Comment

one myth from the Mahayana canon (where there were many Bodhisatvas) is that the Buddha died from eating tainted pork. Its a morality tale, and certainly to Traditional Theravada Buddhists there was only one Buddha and Arhats (Buddhist saints), but it shows that the Buddha accepts all individuals, warts and all! That he does not judge, even knowing that to put the tainted food aside would insult the giver. Of course as a morality tale it perhaps exxagerates, but the point is made yes my dear friend Siablo?
              Just take it easy and think.

Comment

• World's full of asshats man, and it ain't even clear that this dude is even one of 'em even if he let his temper get the better of him - just like you did.

You planning on squaring up to all of 'em?

A pointless little encounter that didn't improve your life or his life or make the world better in any way. Shouda just laughed that ish off and moved on with your day.

That said, most people here can kinda understand how you responded I reckon.

Comment

Slaps can be devistating. To the eardrum when in real danger. Yes keeping the hands up in front is designed to look passive when in fact it is a great set up for an untelegraphed hook.

Heres another good trick: Occasionally as a bouncer at least, you have to listen to people. I mean Stan has been personally insulted! It won't do to approach him hands up saying "stay back! do not enter my social distance! speak from there I can hear you!" Problem is, you also don't want Stan to take a quick poke at you deciding he does not like leaving the club...

What you do is turn to the side put your head down. You eye him out of the indirect part of your visual field, your peripheral vision. You see, your peripheral vision will pick up movement the absolute quickest, and by being to the side bowing down, if he strikes you will catch it with the eye and be able to either take the blow on your head, prefarably the forehead which is the hardest bone in your body, or you will be able to just shoot in your head to his chest, lifting your head up will even catch his chin.

So when you have to be closer than comfortable this allows you to do so.
                  My apologies billeau for the late response. That's a great tip you shared and i suppose the turning of the head to the uninitiated seems like a passive back down from a fight which could lul the attacker into a false sense of security. I really do appreciate the art involved there seems to be alot of non verbal communication skills going on in that situation you posted which is different from the overly aggressive shouting and cursing that is the usual pre cursor to a confrontation. You can learn a lot just from reading your posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
                    My apologies billeau for the late response. That's a great tip you shared and i suppose the turning of the head to the uninitiated seems like a passive back down from a fight which could lul the attacker into a false sense of security. I really do appreciate the art involved there seems to be alot of non verbal communication skills going on in that situation you posted which is different from the overly aggressive shouting and cursing that is the usual pre cursor to a confrontation. You can learn a lot just from reading your posts.
                    What makes this next level is that you are setting a trap. Because bouncing is somewhat specific certain interesting applications apply that suprise many people. For example, one of the best arts to practice as a bouncer is AkiJutsu or Akido. Sankyo particularly is a great technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71nroaAXnM

You use this to walk a person out. You just raise and control by the elbow. You can also put their elbow under your armpit to cause pain compliance.

whats so funny is that all a person has to do to escape is relax the elbow, but nobody ever does.

Comment

What makes this next level is that you are setting a trap. Because bouncing is somewhat specific certain interesting applications apply that suprise many people. For example, one of the best arts to practice as a bouncer is AkiJutsu or Akido. Sankyo particularly is a great technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71nroaAXnM

You use this to walk a person out. You just raise and control by the elbow. You can also put their elbow under your armpit to cause pain compliance.

whats so funny is that all a person has to do to escape is relax the elbow, but nobody ever does.
                      Thanks for posting that vid i will check it out i have been thinking about getting an sia card sorted for some weekend work my little girls just started school and is badgering me to buy her stuff all the time lol. I wouldn't mind getting into akiJutsu will have to find a place near me. What are your thoughts on krav maga?

Comment

Working...
                      X