No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather Have Any Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Every fight I watch I always think how would Floyd have handled this, and there's really no weaknesses I can think of that an opponent can exploit. Was he perfect? I'm no FM fanboy, but I believe he was as complete and perfect a boxer we'll ever see.
    Floyd's weakness was his biggest strength: counters.

Same for RJJ at his peak. A counter ended his career.

Comment

Being a black man in America.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather's weakness is that he can't fight coming forward consistently, his skill set is based on waiting and countering; but coming forward, while anticipating the punches and countering is not his specialty. It may appear he did not need to because he haven't yet met a fighter who can make him fight like that or it may appear so.

There is a boxer wannabe Conor Mcgregor of all people have demonstrated that. Floyd had decided in that fight that he is going to turn into a come forward, seek and destroy for this guy -- this is the perfect choice of fighter to experiment with because he looks dumb in boxing anyway. What happened? You know the rest, floyd looked sloppy, unbalanced, very vulnerable, very not floyd mayweather like, we attributed this to getting old, true, but I say it's more like floyd looked funny that way because he can't fight coming forward. Thankfully the dumb ufc boxer wannabe dude got tired and the day is saved again.

A fighter like Thomas Hearns who got a tremendous jab, very very long and has a ridiculous boxing ability to box if he chooses to, can force Floyd into a come forward style if he wants to win. If floyd won't come forward, he will be bombarded by that very very long strong Jab and it's difficult to counter when your arms is in the very short end of the stick. Sugar Ray Leonard discovered that and had to turn into a come forward, seek and destroy just to get over that hump.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Floyd has issues fighting guys longer than him who have good timing. Conor did well early mostly because hes taller and longer than Floyd.

For his whole career he only fought 3-4 guys with longer reach than him. If he would have fought guys like Forrest, Williams, Martinez then he would have had real issues.
          Not many guys in his weight classes that had a longer reach than him, right? Wasn't Floyd's reach above average for his height/weight classes?

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
            A fighter like Thomas Hearns who got a tremendous jab, very very long and has a ridiculous boxing ability to box if he chooses to, can force Floyd into a come forward style if he wants to win. If floyd won't come forward, he will be bombarded by that very very long strong Jab and it's difficult to counter when your arms is in the very short end of the stick. Sugar Ray Leonard discovered that and had to turn into a come forward, seek and destroy just to get over that hump.
            I've always thought Hearns would be the fighter from that era that would give Floyd the most trouble and beat him.

Comment

Floyd's one weakness would be his low work rate. He was defeated by the more active and aggressive Jose Luis Castillo and Marcos Maidana in their first fights against him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                First thing that comes to my mind when weakness is mentioned is tryi ng to get things in his favoiur all time and not taking real legacy fights to proitect zero.
                Never took fight unless he thought he could win. Too methodical and calculated.
                Why noit fight someone yoiu didn't think you could beat? Floyd might have suprised himself and beat GGG.
                Towards the end he didn't think he could beat brook, Spence, Thurman and khan. .
                Khan? You're kidding right? There's nothing to say except you're just ****ing stupid...RIP 5-2-15 lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
                  Floyd's one weakness would be his low work rate. He was defeated by the more active and aggressive Jose Luis Castillo and Marcos Maidana in their first fights against him.
                  Lol no he wasn't...hes undefeated...why are fans so incredibly delusional?

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    Lol no he wasn't...hes undefeated...why are fans so incredibly delusional?
                    Boxing decisions are subjective and highly debatable. The three official judges don't speak for me. You've seen how pathetic they've been as of late.

Comment

Pressure and counters along with reach. Williams, Martinez, Margarito has great chances to beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X