Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with Jermall Charlo? Why isn't he stepping in to fight GGG on May 5th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    you need to do some research. Abel Sanchez said there was only 1 offer ever made about a ward vs ggg fight from either side and it came from team ward.

the excuse is that they had a fight already signed. we can live with that. but guess who ggg fought after lemieux? dominic wade. that's a payday huh?
    Another poor soul getting manipulated by Ward and certain biased media? Have you ever actually tried to find out the truth? Here is GGG in his native language talking about the matter:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/1...sts-andre-ward

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
      For a fight of that magnitude, he probably wants a full camp where he is focused on Golovkin, and his tendencies.
      Thats certainly a good reason that i would accept. I just wish Jermall himself would speak about it. Hopefully he (or his fans) will not suddenly appear again right after GGG announced the replacement opponent and claim that GGG is ducking Charlo/Jacobs who both dont seem to be interested to step in on 5 week notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Thats certainly a good reason that i would accept. I just wish Jermall himself would speak about it. Hopefully he (or his fans) will not suddenly appear again right after GGG announced the replacement opponent and claim that GGG is ducking Charlo/Jacobs who both dont seem to be interested to step in on 5 week notice.
        Somebody had posted something from Charlo's twitter, where he said give the people what they want or something. If that was an authentic social media post, Charlo would probably take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
          Somebody had posted something from Charlo's twitter, where he said give the people what they want or something. If that was an authentic social media post, Charlo would probably take the fight.
          That tweet

In due time? What does in due time mean? He isnt ready to face GGG on May 5th? Same as Billy Joe Saunders.. I am willing to face GGG, but not on May 5th. Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Another poor soul getting manipulated by Ward and certain biased media? Have you ever actually tried to find out the truth? Here is GGG in his native language talking about the matter:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/1...sts-andre-ward

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

no contract was ever offered to ward for a ggg fight.
            and there isn't one Loeffler interview saying he was.

but there is a Loeffler interview saying that they received a offer from ward for a ggg fight

these are facts, not opinions.

https://youtu.be/Uf2q4tTTG3o

Abel saying ward offered a fight.

https://youtu.be/vIQOlPivDpQ

Loeffler saying ward offered a fight

https://youtu.be/G6_IPGpBlYs

ggg says andre ward is to much for me

Comment

Originally posted by TyroneDeShawn View Post
              One, you put your name out as an option
              Two, If you get accepted for it you cancel the current fight you had scheduled

I guess you must be one of the many millions dying to watch Charlo fight the magnificent Centeno

name me 1 example of a fighter pulling out of a scheduled network fight that's 3 weeks away to go fight on another network. it dont work like that

you dudes act like yall dont know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                Are Centelo and, especially, Lemieux aware of this genius plan?
                Lemieux is waiting for an opponent for may 5th, give him Centeno.

Centeno would have to refuse Charlo to get Lemieux on PPV (MORE MONEY and LESSER OPPONENT).

It's doable, I'm not sure if Charlo is feeling ready for triple, dude has bottle and beef problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  name me 1 example of a fighter pulling out of a scheduled network fight that's 3 weeks away to go fight on another network. it dont work like that

you dudes act like yall dont know **** about boxing.
                  I forgot about his fight vs centeno. Besides the logistics of pulling out, what if Centeno refused to play ball?

Comment

Working...
                  X