Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What's in Store for Timothy Bradley this Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim bradley has the same thing going on for him in 2013 that Andre Dirrell has....insert your own punchline.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      He took a risk, it didn't pay off. Now it's time to move on and try to capture that motivation he had pre-Pacquiao. I really hope that the $$$ hasn't doused Bradley's fire.

Bradley/Provodnikov in February, then Allakverdiev/Matthysse in June/July, then fight Pac/Marquez in late 2013.
      What he did wasn't a risk to me. It was a money grab and he got part of what he wanted which was more money. But the move was still short sighted IMO cause he didn't look at Arum's 147 stable and think after I win or lose vs Manny who does Top Rank have for me to fight cause they don't work with other promoters. Now he is out in the cold wondering where is next fight is coming from that is on the level he wants it to be on.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        What he did wasn't a risk to me. It was a money grab and he got part of what he wanted which was more money. But the move was still short sighted IMO cause he didn't look at Arum's 147 stable and think after I win or lose vs Manny who does Top Rank have for me to fight cause they don't work with other promoters. Now he is out in the cold wondering where is next fight is coming from that is on the level he wants it to be on.
        I agree with this tredh.

Comment

Bradley should have taken the 2.5 mill to fight Peterson again now he's ****ed and stuck with TR

Comment

[QUOTE=jsfd26;12922047]Watch out dude, you might get flamed out the ass. This is the same thing I said on one of my threads and people were whining like no other. Who's REALLY there for Bradley? Would you rather rematch Abregu and grab some $$ or keep inactive being obsessed with a Pacquiao fight?

Sorry but I don't agree with ya logic...Maybe Bradley is just wanting a better then Peterson or Abregu for himself and the fans(which he has every right to do)I think should be applauded not hated on by this forum..I mean how yrs have we seen TR fighters taking **** fight after **** fight..I don't think it's omly about Pac,as you laid claim in ya post...I believe it's about quality of fight which I really don't understand how Bradley get's bashed for this...

Comment

[QUOTE=Rome-By-Ko;12922240]
              Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Watch out dude, you might get flamed out the ass. This is the same thing I said on one of my threads and people were whining like no other. Who's REALLY there for Bradley? Would you rather rematch Abregu and grab some $$ or keep inactive being obsessed with a Pacquiao fight?

Sorry but I don't agree with ya logic...Maybe Bradley is just wanting a better then Peterson or Abregu for himself and the fans(which he has every right to do)I think should be applauded not hated on by this forum..I mean how yrs have we seen TR fighters taking **** fight after **** fight..I don't think it's omly about Pac,as you laid claim in ya post...I believe it's about quality of fight which I really don't understand how Bradley get's bashed for this...
              I agree with that. He does deserve props for standing up to Arum. The problem is that Bradley is in his prime right now and its possible that he will be shelved for an extended period of time waiting on the right fight. In the meantime, I would rather him fight a guy like Provodnikov or Zaveck just to stay active and keep his name in the mix. He also turned down a fight with Alvarado which I thought wouldn't have been a bad fight for him to take as well.

Comment

Honestly, I feel like he's hurt his own marketability over the past year by refusing to be noble-minded in victory/defeat. He was supposed to be the nice-guy-family-man who would have filled the void once Pacquiao left the sport (that's how I viewed it anyway). I'm quite sure I grew a nice fan base in the buildup to his Pacquiao fight.

Since then he's lost several fans and turned off several others by losing his humble traits and now, even adopting an arrogant and overconfident one. He has skills, he had the platform, but he's thrown it all away for this ridiculous persona which he can't back up with the skill needed to do so.

He's done it to himself. He destroyed his own marketability. No one should be surprised now that nobody wants to fight him when he has a weak PPV sales draw. There's no profit in a fight with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                  Honestly, I feel like he's hurt his own marketability over the past year by refusing to be noble-minded in victory/defeat. He was supposed to be the nice-guy-family-man who would have filled the void once Pacquiao left the sport (that's how I viewed it anyway). I'm quite sure I grew a nice fan base in the buildup to his Pacquiao fight.

Since then he's lost several fans and turned off several others by losing his humble traits and now, even adopting an arrogant and overconfident one. He has skills, he had the platform, but he's thrown it all away for this ridiculous persona which he can't back up with the skill needed to do so.

He's done it to himself. He destroyed his own marketability. No one should be surprised now that nobody wants to fight him when he has a weak PPV sales draw. There's no profit in a fight with him.
                  please list fighters who said they think they lost after a disputed decision. I've only seen one.... That's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    please list fighters who said they think they lost after a disputed decision. I've only seen one.... That's just me though.
                    It's not that he refused to accept that he lost, it's that he started calling Pacquiao and Mayweather out. He was very vocal in his [controversial] victory. I could imagine if Pacquiao did similarly after the Marquez III fight, he would have lost a large amount of fans as well.

I recall one of my friends talking about this and saying:

"He's starting to act like Mayweather without any of the skill to back it up."

Comment

He should have fought Alvarado, But Provodnikov is available or Lundy dropped out of the Matthysee fight or Lundy's conquerer Beltran. He needs to take a fight and stop being a baby back *****!

Comment

Working...
                      X