No announcement yet.

Rubio: No evidence money’s been massively poured back into the American worker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Everything would go back to 2016 levels, except for corporate taxes those are permanent, and the only reason the individual tax cuts aren't permanent is because the Democrats refused to vote for them to be permanent.
    So the Dems voted for the corporate to be permanent?

Comment

If it isn't hurting you its helping you then what the hell are you complaining about. You mad that Trump made life easier for you, is that how much you hate Trump.
      Discussing the news is complaining now? So now I can't discuss current events? The senior senator from Florida going against his party line is a big news and something that needs to be discussed. If you don't want to discuss it then don't. I will. Goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Philips Lighting announces $342M profits in 2017 & $187.4M in planned share buybacks in 2018. Immediately lays off nearly 200 Fall River workers and moves factory to Mexico.

?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          Um, no.

As I keep trying to teach you grubers, there's no such term in the field of Economics as "trickle down".

Of course you guys aren't called "stupid" by your own Party for nothing.

Only Team D uses the term, and they use it to attack tax cuts.

Comment

Tax cuts simply allow those who earn income to keep more of their money.

What's wrong with workers' keeping more of their money?

I'd love to hear an answer.....

Comment

From the article

The number of people seeing tax increases would soar in 2026 and 2027, the TPC found, because the individual tax cuts in the bill are temporary, meaning rates would snap back to their current levels after 2025. That would result in 53.4% of all units seeing an increase in 2027, according to the analysis.

Notice the scary langue there, "taxes will soar in 2026 and 2027" but what will they soar too though, the answer is current levels, meaning you go back to the tax rate prior to the tax cut.

So the long term effects of the tax cuts after they expire is that people will see a tax increase to the current levels prior to the tax cuts lol? In fact that is even misleading as well, because once the tax cuts expire there will be a vote to extend them, lower them, or raise them, so what the article should've articulated better was that if the Republicans are in office when the tax cuts expire then the tax cuts will be extended, but if its the Democrats in office you can definitely expect a tax increase.
              Jim the point is when ever you assess a bill you should assess all of it. You and other pro Trump people always give us just the short term positives. That is an incomplete assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Jim the point is when ever you assess a bill you should assess all of it. You and other pro Trump people always give us just the short term positives. That is an incomplete assessment.
                You tell me then, what are the long term negative effects of the tax cuts for the people?

Comment

You tell me then, what are the long term negative effects of the tax cuts for the people?
                  The same long term negatives we saw after Reagan did the same thing in the 1980's-massive debt and a recession which will lead to job losses.

There is a reason Reagan called it the greatest disappointment of his presidency.

Say what you want about George Bush Sr. but when he called this voodoo economics he was spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    The same long term negatives we saw after Reagan did the same thing in the 1980's-massive debt and a recession which will lead to job losses.
                    The only problem was revenue nearly doubled over the Reagan years after the tax cuts, so you can't fault the tax cuts.

Deficits grew because spending grew even faster than revenue. It's kinda like how guys like Tyson, Holyfield, and TO went broke. They made a ton, but they spent more than that.

As to the recession, I'd love to hear you correlate tax cuts to a recession.

I'm all ears......

Comment

Isn’t Marco a professional politician?

Comment

Working...
                      X