No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Gvozdyk Was Winning When Beterbiev Stopped Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref

I thought the ref was working for Grovzdyk �� Good thing Artur scored the TKO

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      Beterbiev came out really fast in the first round trying to impose his will but Gvozdyk maneuvered really well and caught Artur with some good shots...after that Beterbiev settled down a lot. He became much more cautious and had to change his tactics. People are hallucinating if they think that Gvozdyk's punches weren't having a big effect on Beterbiev. Artur knew he had to be careful while he was breaking Gvozdyk down....If he felt like OG's punches weren't dangerous then he sure must enjoy getting buzzed, because he definitely got clipped really well a few times....There were plenty of times that he had to retreat and regain his composure...The fanboys on here seem to develop selective amnesia after their hero wins the fight and they have an inability to give any credit to the loser who fought like a warrior and made their hero dig deep. This was an excellent fight. Both guys deserve lots of credit.
      Agreed on all points. Bolded is something you're seemingly guaranteed to see after any high profile win. It's annoying (when it isn't accurate at least) but I usually give the benefit of doubt and attribute it to the euphoric high of seeing your guy win controversy-free in a well regarded match up. The real litmus is whether those people come back to earth soon after and give the opposition their due, or continue to float the paradoxical narrative that it was all easy work, which if true as they claim implies an unworthy mismatch for which only minimal praise is due to the victor anyway. That's by far the funniest part to me. If last night was Golovkin-Rolls, then who gives **** and how is it noteworthy for Beter?

I guess the counterargument here is that a fan loves the idea of their guy just making it look easy against a credible and dangerous opponent because they're just that that much better, which is fine I guess on the rare occasion that happens, but that isn't what I saw last night. Beter solved the puzzle but it took time and he got touched up in the process. It was far from errortless. But that's credit to Gvoz, not discredit to Beter and I'd be saying the same for Beter had he lost. How much trouble is it to acknowledge that?

Comment

It's a controversial and strange fight for scoring, I mean the first 8 rounds. I really scored 5 out of 8 rounds to Gvozdyk, but had a feeling Beterbiev was winning the fight even before he started wearing him down in 9th.

Comment

I can't say I agree with those 2 judges.

Comment

Before watching the replay i said the 2 judges who scored for Gvozdyk were right knowing how he boxes. But when i saw the replay, i agreed with the 3rd judge. Gvozdyk mostly in the back foot and his punches were ineffective. You dont score professional boxing like in amateur...
            Last edited by Drigo; 10-19-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

weird how people are talking about effective punches yet floyd-pac...a lot of people scored those little floyd grazing shots that barely landed and with no impact at all over clean flush shots that rocked floyds head back. guess it just matters who is fighting right? maybe if you don't get a knock out you can just come back later and make your own story up?

Comment

Originally posted by thedoisterboy View Post
                I thought the ref was working for Grovzdyk �� Good thing Artur scored the TKO
                One of the worst refs. Sucked in Bivol vs Smith and Pascal Vs Brown too.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  weird how people are talking about effective punches yet floyd-pac...a lot of people scored those little floyd grazing shots that barely landed and with no impact at all over clean flush shots that rocked floyds head back. guess it just matters who is fighting right? maybe if you don't get a knock out you can just come back later and make your own story up?
                  ————-

I am not sure using Floyd as an example will work.
                  We can literally count the number of times we’ve seen Floyd get hit flush in his career after he moved up to 140-154.
                  The two shots from Mosley comes to mind first.

Floyd rarely gets hit and unless we watched a different deferent fight I wouldn’t call Manny’s punches “rocked” Floyd.
                  Also, Floyd beat Manny with zero controversy from judges, analysts and boxing writers. Except for his fans and all the Filipinos on this planet who somehow thought Manny won

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Latin View Post
                    Honestly if that’s the case Gvozdyk sure as hell didn’t feel like he was winning. I don’t even think he wanted to get off that chair going into the 10th round
                    From about the break between the 5th and 6th round - from then onwards - he looked less and less enthusiastic about going out for the next round and Atlas became more and more animated (agitated?) when geeing him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                      Gvozdyk punches never looked like they hurt Beterbiev. Not once. You can move around all you want but when your punches have 0 effect it means nothing.

Beterbiev isn’t invincible. Carl Froch in his prime would take him out.
                      Just ...... No!!! Stop it !

Comment

Working...
                      X