Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Golovkin Showed So Much Heart, He Was Ill All Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks in an interview said Golovkin didn't implement the game plan and he doesn't know why. Then when asked about Golovkin being sick and how bad it was he said it was horrible. WTF...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Banks in an interview said Golovkin didn't implement the game plan and he doesn't know why. Then when asked about Golovkin being sick and how bad it was he said it was horrible. WTF...
      I get that Banks is a protégé of Steward and all but he doesn't strike me as that bright of a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I get that Banks is a protégé of Steward and all but he doesn't strike me as that bright of a guy.
        According to him all he wants to do is find tune Golovkin. By

1. Getting him to always go forward.
        2 . Throw more combinations
        3. Use his jab more
        4. Go to the body more.
        5. Use rhythm
        6. Bob and weave
        7. Be more defensive.

Sounds like a complete style change to me. To be fair he may have wanted Golovkin to implement only a couple of things in this fight. He and Golovkin need to sit down and discuss just one thing they want to work on that's compatible with Golovkin's style and then do it. Initiating that discussion is as much Golovkin's responsibility as Bank's.

Comment

GGG's camp said he was sick in the Canelo rematch too

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            According to him all he wants to do is find tune Golovkin. By

1. Getting him to always go forward.
            2 . Throw more combinations
            3. Use his jab more
            4. Go to the body more.
            5. Use rhythm
            6. Bob and weave
            7. Be more defensive.

Sounds like a complete style change to me. To be fair he may have wanted Golovkin to implement only a couple of things in this fight. He and Golovkin need to sit down and discuss just one thing they want to work on that's compatible with Golovkin's style and then do it. Initiating that discussion is as much Golovkin's responsibility as Bank's.
            I don't have much faith in Banks personally. At this stage and with GGG's obvious decline, the only thing that would help him is to be more defensive and try and counter punch more and I saw little to none of that in the two fights with Banks. GGG will need to try and box more if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              Reality Check! Head cold vs flu & fever are totally different, Michael Jordan's flu in the 1997 NBA finals didn't slow him down. With a head cold, once your adrenaline kicks in there are no adverse effects on a person....sad excuses from Hearn trying to protect an out dated mistake of an investment!
              It's well known MJ's flu was actually a hangover from the late night before...

Comment

How is it an excuse? That he was sick leaked before the fight.
                Then why were every one of the announcers unsure

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                  The truth in boxing is using an excuse gives u more credit than being humble and saying u have no excuses. This has gone on since the beginning of boxing and fans are mostly to plan because we jump on it. And speculate on it. So I understand why it’s so commonly explained away. Me personally I rarely ever get sick, but I was for sure hungover.
                  Not this fan

I laugh at excuses and eagerly point them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Then why were every one of the announcers unsure
                    I don't know but it was mentioned before SD had any success in the fight, whatsoever. That's proof enough for me.

Comment

I don't know but it was mentioned before SD had any success in the fight, whatsoever. That's proof enough for me.
                      Have you noticed how excuses are ''the thing'' when a guy doesn't perform well ????

It's an epidemic

Comment

Working...
                      X