No announcement yet.

Retro Gaming Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yeah, most of the homebrew hacks I get and are interested in getting are usually English translations and US versions of Japan exclusives on NES or SNES, like Goonies, which I got on an NES cart from Ebay and I want to get Sweet Home, which heavily influenced Resident Evil and even had one of the same writers, I think.
    Do you only buy "real" carts???

Do you download roms?
    Buy repros from aliexpress? haha

I want to get Sweet Home, which heavily influenced Resident Evil .
    It is a good game and you are correct it did influence the making of the original resident evil.

You should try Clocktower on the snes!!!
    There is an enhanced version for ps1 doe....

Comment

Oh I plan on playing and beating all NES and PS2 games and if there's time, PS1, SNES and possibly either Atari 7800 or Gamecube. Clock Tower looks pretty cool, remember seeing it in stores when it came out. And yes, usually get real carts, either cancelled titles that were finished, fixed games, like the Cheetahmen 2 Lost Levels version which fixes the glitch so you can finally see all the levels. I do plan on at least getting reproductions of competition carts I see sold on Ebay and other sites, like NWC 1990 or the SNES competition one, I believe it's called Campus Challenge. Unless there's something that looks fun, which for me would be a horror or brawler title. The Simon's Quest hack looks pretty cool, I think it's called Redacted. It fixes things so the messages aren't so cryptic and the towns people actually tell you things that help, also mentions the part where you have to kneel at that certain spot with whatever item you need to have selected to get the tornado to show up.

Comment

Oh I plan on playing and beating all NES and PS2 games and if there's time, PS1, SNES and possibly either Atari 7800 or Gamecube.
        You must be very skilled and love video games! haha!
        That could take a while....
        hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

How come no sega??

Megadrive....
        Saturn...
        etc...

Clock Tower looks pretty cool, remember seeing it in stores when it came out.
        You are probably thinking of a remake or sequel....
        I don't think the original got a western localisation......

And yes, usually get real carts, either cancelled titles that were finished, fixed games, like the Cheetahmen 2 Lost Levels version which fixes the glitch so you can finally see all the levels. I do plan on at least getting reproductions of competition carts I see sold on Ebay and other sites, like NWC 1990 or the SNES competition one, I believe it's called Campus Challenge.
        Aliexpress is great for repros...
        That's where i get mine. You can get loose megadrive carts for about 3 quid.....

Comment

Because, other than a few Genesis carts, I don't like Sega that much. I do want to play all the Streets of Rage and any other brawler games they have and shooters. And I'd say I'm fairly skilled, but not as much as most of the guys you see on youtube, like LordKayoss, who did a great Friday the 13th NES walkthrough, Mike Matei, who does full playthroughs and let's plays on Cinemassacre and their youtube channel, or a buddy of mine who holds some arcade records.

Comment

Can't beat old school...

Comment

Just playin some N64 F-Zero X; bringing back some memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
                Just playin some N64 F-Zero X; bringing back some memories!

I always forget about the N64 system. My fav is obviously my first, the NES classic.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I always forget about the N64 system. My fav is obviously my first, the NES classic.

F-zero, goldeneye and super smash bros were the multiplayer games that got played while having a good smoking session.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
                    F-zero, goldeneye and super smash bros were the multiplayer games that got played while having a good smoking session.
                    That sig almost made me spill my coffee out

Comment

Play On PC pretty fun

Comment

Working...
                      X