Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn good night of boxing tonight, anyone throwing any parties?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
    Me Imma sit and watch with my kids, make some wings, order some pizza and get my drank on.. What ya'll got up for the night?
    Tonight's horrible. PBC ruined boxing remember!?

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
      They aren't competitive fights and I think you realize this too, so it's hard to get excited about 25-1 favorites.

I just imagine dudes having a pizza party for willie monroe jr vs GGG Lol, it's like the same fight. idk may be just me
      Lamont Peterson is a two-weight champion. Why are you comparing him to Willie Monroe?

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
        You're saying he had almost 3 years off? lol he fought in February. Pay attention

Tell me 10 guys at 147 better than him
        Thurman
        Horn
        Pacquiao
        Garcia
        Spence
        Porter
        Vargas
        Berto
        Matthysse
        Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
          well it is funny you say you wouldn't watch someone because he wasn't black. then when 2 black guys are fighting, you make a thread about "good night of boxing" (even though odds say otherwise)
          I have never said anything that damn stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Lamont Peterson is a two-weight champion. Why are you comparing him to Willie Monroe?
            I'm not comparing them as fighters. I'm comparing the nature of both of these fights being complete mismatches. To sum up my post you quoted, I just find it funny how guys are talking about throwing parties over a fight that I believed to be as competitive as Wille monroe vs GGG
            Hence why I mentioned it. Is that ok to you?

And after doing a little research, the odds for that fight pinned Monroe between a 14-1 and 25-1 underdog to GGG. Same exact odds for this fight tonight actually!

Comment

While I am pretty sure all the favorites will win, I am looking forward to it and will have some drinks and relax with the one-hitter at home with my older brother coming over to drink my booze, He is a casual but enjoys it and gets into it.

Kind of trips me out that people would choose any UFC over boxing. I guess they just like all fight sports. Me, I choose boxing every single time. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                I have never said anything that damn stupid
                you were called out for it and the poster even quoted you and posted YOUR quote. (don't ask me to look for it)

Comment

I'm not comparing them as fighters. I'm comparing the nature of both of these fights being complete mismatches. To sum up my post you quoted, I just find it funny how guys are talking about throwing parties over a fight that I believed to be as competitive as Wille monroe vs GGG

And after doing a little research, the odds for that fight pinned Monroe between a 14-1 and 25-1 underdog to GGG. Same exact odds for this fight tonight actually!
                  I thinks the odds are off. Spence is the clear favorite, but I expect Peterson to give him a tough fight and I expect it to go all 12 rounds.

Comment

nice post. That's all it is, Larry see's 2 black fighters fighting (no matter what the odds), and he says it's a "good night" of boxing.

Let's see Larry's thread of a "good night of boxing" for another fight that has horrible odds, and who aren't black.

Comment

I don't see how Willie Monroe can be compared to Lamont Peterson to be honest.

I think this is a good fight to be honest. The odds are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X