Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: If Spence Dominates Peterson, There With Crawford, Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    I totally agree with you. Just raising the point of competition. I believe Algeri and Postol are close. Brook is miles ahead of any of those wins listed above imo. I still think Brook would've given Thurman hell. Spence was just a bad draw for him imo.

But to your latter point. I think if Spence becomes undisputed in this WW class, it's greater than anything we've seen in recent memory from guys not named Mayweather or Pacquiao. There's like 4 or 5 legit HOF potentials in the class right now and a guy like Garcia will be on tap in a year or so. Somebody will have a top 10ish resume for a WW when this is all over.
    Ok. I got Postol way ahead of Algieiri.

I would like to see Spence fight Thurman, Crawford, Loma(bob would never do this), Charlo (who I would pick over Spence) and Hurd/Lara winner.

Spence IMO is the real deal. I just hope he gets the chance to show it with the top guys.

Comment

jesus christ, got to say these americans get the benefit of the hype more than anyone lol. Petersons really not that special a win. Spence and crawford only have one top win between them and thats kell brook. Spence is obviously world class but christ you cant shoot him up the p4p list for beating a shopworn peterson who was never that great in the first place. Before the panthers shoot me down im not doubting his skills just saying he needs a couple more top wins, which i think he will get in time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Ok. I got Postol way ahead of Algieiri.

I would like to see Spence fight Thurman, Crawford, Loma(bob would never do this), Charlo (who I would pick over Spence) and Hurd/Lara winner.

Spence IMO is the real deal. I just hope he gets the chance to show it with the top guys.
        I need to see more of Postol lol won a vacant title then lost. But I guess he has world class pedigree (but not notable wins), so I concede that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          But we saw Lamont against Danny, so your argument is flawed. Sometimes a guy has an off night. Not saying he would've won the rematch, but he didn't fight his best fight that night. He's faired better against guys better than Lucas.
          There is no argument only facts. Life doesn’t work that way “Peterson fared better vs so and so”

Lucas kod Peterson. No excuse or hypothetical changes that. Danny has also not been the same guy since Matthysse (nor Lucas for that Matter) and I’m also sure (and hope) you saw the way the Danny and Lucas fight went... low blows and freak injury not withstanding, Lucas seemed the better man until then but nobody goes out and makes hypotheticals saying “If the ref didnt let Danny do this or that”...the result remains. Danny won and Lucas is better than Peterson.

Styles make fights. Almost beating people doesnt count. :P

Remember the Herrera - Danny fight? Come on, dude. Get in the ball. Triangle theories dont work and neither do ALMOST wins

Even roiding with home cookin against Khan doesnt make him better.

I like Peterson a LOT but beating him at 47 means zero.

Let Spence earn his way.

Its good to can crush...everyone looks good when theyre fighting overmatched guys. Canelo, GGG, Crawford, Loma can KO overmatched dudes like anyone can...but once they start fighting each other and high wuality guys you see the results change.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-18-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            There is no argument only facts. Life doesn’t work that way “Peterson fared better vs so and so”

Lucas kod Peterson. No excuse or hypothetical changes that. Danny has also not been the same guy since Matthysse (nor Lucas for that Matter) and I’m also sure (and hope) you saw the way the Danny and Lucas fight went... low blows and freak injury not withstanding, Lucas seemed the better man until then but nobody goes out and makes hypotheticals saying “If the ref didnt let Danny do this or that”...the result remains. Danny won and Lucas is better than Peterson.

Styles make fights. Almost beating people doesnt count. :P

Remember the Herrera - Danny fight? Come on, dude. Get in the ball. Triangle theories dont work and neither do ALMOST wins

Even roiding with home cookin against Khan doesnt make him better.

I like Peterson a LOT but beating him at 47 means zero.

Let Spence earn his way.

Its good to can crush...everyone looks good when theyre fighting overmatched guys. Canelo, GGG, Crawford, Loma can KO overmatched dudes like anyone can...but once they start fighting each other and high wuality guys you see the results change.
            I dont really disagree with anything you wrote. I'm just making the point that Peterson is right there in the Lucas, Provodnikov, Postol group (with several others). He's world class just not elite imo. Still a solid scrap. I mean Errol could've got some can of the IBF rankings like Kell did for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Timmy was undervalued, if only he left TopRank. He made a lot of money with top rank but he could had been an HOF if he was freelance. So many missed match ups. I really wanted to see Bradley vs Khan.
              Not a Top Rank fan, but kind of disagree to be honest. Bradley was not a draw and signing with them got him the Pac fight x 3, Marquez, etc. Probably over $20 million in the process. I can't see him earning that in any other scenario apart from fighting Floyd, beating Floyd and getting huge pay days in 2 fights, or a trilogy (highly unlikely).

I don't think Bradley is first ballot absolute certain HOF'er, but in my opinion he will get in. Wins over Witter, Holt, Peterson, Devon, Marquez, Vargas is no joke. I thought he lost all the Pac fights, but was highly competitive in all of them, he beat Chaves.

Unified 140 twice. Two time champ at 147. Top 10 p4p for much of his career. Yeah I see him getting in.

Comment

Erroll Spence isn't elite until he fight's a top 3 welterweight and dominates I am sorry but Peterson is a fukn bum and Alexander is a fukn bum

Comment

Mattyse done did that before he only had one fight in three yrs

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    Timmy was undervalued, if only he left TopRank. He made a lot of money with top rank but he could had been an HOF if he was freelance. So many missed match ups. I really wanted to see Bradley vs Khan.
                    I think he will be Hof because of the way Top Rank handled his career. Bradley said Top Rank was the best promoter in the world not to long ago on his IG. Remember he only lost to Pacquiao. He beat Rios, Vargas, Marquez, Provodnikov, he was considered #3 at 147 behind manny and Floyd. At 140 he beat Devon Alexander, Carlos Abregu, Lamont Peterson, nate campbell, kendall holt, junior witter abd Edner Cherry and was considered #1 at 140. Also a bs win over Pacquiao. Pretty good for only 36 fights, two division belthilder and champion for many years. He retired young but Top Rank made him loads of mobey and put him in really good fights, something these freelance fighters arent doing besides mayweather

Comment

May the best man win!

Comment

Working...
                      X