No announcement yet.

Everybody is a personal trainer/fitness expert these days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Most of them are younger guys and girls, too. It's easy to get in good shape when you are in your physical prime.

Show me the trainers that are over 40 or 50 and are still fit and strong without PEDs. That's someone that knows their stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961

Scooby is a 60 year old jacked gay man lol

Comment

This has been going on forever, even before social media. Back in the 80s/90s any a-hole with a tank top and 15-inch biceps called himself a "trainer". His clients were almost always cute females who didn't know any better. Either that, or it was some average looking dude who got his certifications as a personal trainer yet didn't know what he was doing, only what he read in his books. I hired a trainer when I first started getting serious at the gym. It was money well spent. Six months and this guy had totally transformed my physique. He was 43 at the time and looked like a 25 year old body builder. All natural and he knew his shyt. Taught me a lot, and he wasn't a certified coach, just a former body builder who practically lived at the gym and studied his craft.

Comment

Gyms around my areas are practically begging members to become trainers, training and qualifications all paid for by them.

Comment

I completely agree that it's important to find a qualified and knowledgeable trainer who can help you achieve your fitness goals. While certifications can definitely be a good indicator of a trainer's knowledge, it's not the only factor to consider. A lot of valuable experience and insight can come from years of hands-on training and practical knowledge. That being said, I think it's great that there are now pt courses online available for those who are looking to build their skills and knowledge as trainers. It's a convenient way to gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals and stay up-to-date with industry best practices.
          Last edited by TraceyCornish; 02-13-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

IG was made for mediocre girls

Filters, push up bras, sucking in their bellies, wearing straps to lift their bottoms = IG MODEL

"Im a model, i model for a living"

Over the last 10 years ago, it seems women have discovered the squat and dead lift

Thats all they do, as well as hip thrusts

Womens egos are huge these days. They feel invincible

Dudes are doing the same stuff too. Theres a famous tiktok / IG guy. Blatantly on steroids, but is a fitness "guru" now

SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Funny how every schmuck with an IG account is a guru of fitness

If you look at most of them, they don't even look like they lift

Not sure how much they make but I imagine only the real ones make big coin, the rest of them must be getting pennies

What's the point

It’s a hard way to make a living unless you work for a good gym which gives you a salary. I know one chain which doesn’t pay the trainers. They are required to be on duty 2 days a week and also teach classes. You pick up clients from the gym and they charge £60 per session per person. If you are good you get a lot of clients but most of them are struggling especially the black trainers for many reasons. Some of the guys hit on their clients and word spreads fast. In the end they are left with no one.
              I also know a high end gym who pays their trainers. The trainers don’t talk to you unless you are signed up with them and some of them are useless tbh. THEY charge £35 per session. I doubt you improve your technique working with them. I have seen them counting half squats and half bench press. Surprisingly they are really busy and getting slots with them is hard.

Comment

a lot of personal trainers know less and are in worse shape than a lot of the gym goers. they usually have their clients doing the most complex, stupid ****e going instead of sticking with the basic compound lifts that get results

Comment

“Most” people don’t have much use for a trainer. What most people need is motivation and exercises they don’t hate, exercises they actually look forward to doing. Personal trainers who can’t motivate are useless no matter how technically proficient they may be.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    “Most” people don’t have much use for a trainer. What most people need is motivation and exercises they don’t hate, exercises they actually look forward to doing. Personal trainers who can’t motivate are useless no matter how technically proficient they may be.
                    Ive noticed that every girl with a half decent body thinks she's a trainer on Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X