Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Eubank jr go back to down to MW? Who will he fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Eubank jr go back to down to MW? Who will he fight next?

I'd like to see him back at MW, there are plenty of fights there and now that Canelo is there the division is more under the spotlight.

He can work his way up to GGG / Canelo, he has the rematch with BJS on the table, then there's DJ and Charlo who would love a scalp like Eubank to raise their profile.

Personally I'd most like to see the rematch with BJS - it will be a good show on how both fighters have progressed since their first match and not to mention it would be a big money fight in the UK, especially with the history and the trash talk

He wont do anything at a world level regardless of weight if he continues with his dad and his limited mid set.

Hes not young.He should go the broner route and talk **** and beat up d level fighters then get smashed by a top level fighter.

Or retire.Which he should. All those guys you listed would seriously injure him. Canelo would kirkland him easy.

Comment

Well he definitely needs a solid trainer and someone in his ear, but retiring now? He can still make lots of money fighting in the UK, but I do agree that I can't see him being a world champion unless by luck or drastic changes in his training.

Comment

No. He just hung with an elite fighter and the best Super Middleweight on the planet. At the final bell he could havw gone another three rounds, may even have got the stoppage. Look how weak the other champions are in that division. Eubank Jr. can easily win other titles still. Caleb Truax? David Benavidez? Gilberto Ramirez? Some of the weakest title holders in boxing right now.

Comment

Just accept the guy is a moron. No respect for boxing and his ******ed father in his shadow doesn't help. This guy's plain stupid. He needs a real boxing trainer and keep his father away if he wants to do anything in boxing. His 2 losses shouldn't be on record if you tell me. He can do so much better than what his record says but mentally the guys is mentally dim.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            Well he definitely needs a solid trainer and someone in his ear, but retiring now? He can still make lots of money fighting in the UK, but I do agree that I can't see him being a world champion unless by luck or drastic changes in his training.
            Being a low rent,budget Uk adrien Broner isnt a great fate.

Retiring is easier and safer. A fight against a top middle weight would end in disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
              He wont do anything at a world level regardless of weight if he continues with his dad and his limited mid set.

Hes not young.He should go the broner route and talk **** and beat up d level fighters then get smashed by a top level fighter.

Or retire.Which he should. All those guys you listed would seriously injure him. Canelo would kirkland him easy.

True. He really needs to get a proper trainer and fight some decent fringe world level contenders and put what he learns into practice for a good few fights before stepping up to real world level again. As it stands, he will fall short every time.

Like i said to others, he's late 20's now but he's missing a lot of the basics that young amateurs already have. Next year he will be 30, he's not a young prospect anymore.

He really has to make serious changes right now if he stands any chance of competing at world level but truthfully i just don't think he's that good. I think he's athletically gifted..but not a gifted boxer.

If he wants a real crack at it, he should base himself in Vegas full time and get trained by someone like Floyd Sr. Get away from his dad and Davies because they're all deluded and just say what they all want to hear.
              Last edited by TheBigLug; 02-17-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                No. He just hung with an elite fighter and the best Super Middleweight on the planet. At the final bell he could havw gone another three rounds, may even have got the stoppage. Look how weak the other champions are in that division. Eubank Jr. can easily win other titles still. Caleb Truax? David Benavidez? Gilberto Ramirez? Some of the weakest title holders in boxing right now.
                eubank only beats truax, he's too small to and wild to deal with ramirez and benavidez

Comment

He wasn't as good as I thought he was but he is still a good fighter. If making 160 is no problem he could try to rematch Saunders but he isn't in line for that fight right now coming off a loss.

Comment

Thing is Eubanks power will always hold him back, he will never be a good boxer so he has to fight inside
                    Hes quick but sloppy inside and a stronger man can always tie him up

Not really sure where Eubank goes from here, he will lose against BJS, Canelo, Jacobs and GGG

Comment

Working...
                    X