No announcement yet.

The All-Time Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All-Time Round

Your opinion? The round that had it all ...

Below, not the all-time round, but a classic one as the fight was settled after both combatants had gone down simultaneously.

On Oct. 19, 1985, in Monaco, unbeaten IBF cruiser titlist Lee Roy Murphy of Chicago went to war with Chisanda Mutti.
    Entering round 12, Zambian Mutti was leading on all scorecards when the fighters exchanged right hands that sent them both to the floor [see 7:38 into this vid].
    While the exhausted Mutti failed to beat the count, Murphy got up at ‘eight’, thus retaining his title.

Last edited by Ben Bolt; 04-04-2015, 04:57 PM.

Last round of castillo-corrales 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Yep. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        That was the round of all time incompetence.

Comment

Whatever round Maidana humped Broner in.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
            Here's 8 knockdowns by Marcel cerdan vs José Ferrer
            Sept. 30, 1942, Paris: future world middle champ Marcel Cerdan (68-2) retains the European welterweight crown against Jose Ferrer, who had only lost once in 31 outings. The opener of a scheduled 15-round bout.

So I started wondering, are there any other rounds taped of a significant fight, having more knockdowns?

Comment

Foreman vs Lyle rd4

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Foreman vs Lyle rd4
                Yea that was a good one!see know that's a legit post!i was going to say the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                  Sept. 30, 1942, Paris: future world middle champ Marcel Cerdan (68-2) retains the European welterweight crown against Jose Ferrer, who had only lost once in 31 outings. The opener of a scheduled 15-round bout.

So I started wondering, are there any other rounds taped of a significant fight, having more knockdowns?

That fight also had the heightened significance that it was fought in Nazi-occupied Paris.

Comment

Round 5 of Wilfredo Vazquez vs Antonio Avelar is one of my favourites.
                    14:10

Comment

Working...
                    X