Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these reasons why floyd didn't face his best opposition in their primes, doesn't change the fact that the fights didn't happen when they would have been best. I don't get how it's good enough for his fans if there's some hearsay or excuse that makes it not his fault. Bottom line is we were all cheated out of great fights for good or mediocre fights in their place...wgaf who's at fault or who "ducked" who. It's like trying to prove another fighter didn't take a fight under certain terms adds to a guy's legacy these days...fans gotta get off these fighter's nuts.

Comment

The Bobfather protected Cotto because he knew he wasn't ready. Meanwhile Arum was telling all the media Cotto was ready and Mayweather didn't want it. It's crazy how much he can manipulate the boxing media. Even Cotto's uncle said he wasn't ready. Funny how as soon as he left Arum the fight got made immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
        As far as I know,Mayweather was strictly aiming for a fight with Gatti during that time.And its 2008 where most people wanted to see Cotto and Mayweather and Mayweather made up a bunch of excuses not to fight Cotto and it ended there.Yet another important fight that Mayweather managed to avoid fighting.
        What exactly where these excuses mayweather made? I don't recall them, I do however recall Bob arum making many excuses not to match Cotto with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008.

And Floyd retired.
          Dude, Cotto got stomped by Marge in 2008!

Comment

Think about this - Once Mayweather left Arum Cotto became his next biggest star/cash cow. In 2006 before Floyd left he was calling out Miguel and both Bob and Evangelista Cotto said he wasn't ready for the Mayweather fight. So let's say Cotto had became good enough by 2008 and didn't get beat up with bricks by Bumgarito. Even still, do you guys seriously think that a shrewd businessman like Arum was really going to put his new cash cow in a position to get more than likely beat and damaged in the process against by someone who had said "F"ck you i'm leaving" just a year or so earlier? He was too smart to ever let that happen. If Cotto was going to lose to anyone it had to be a Top Rank guy. Not Floyd.

Like Manny Pacquiao. Then once Pacquiao lost it was also to a Top Rank guy (Bradley). Bob only made May-Pac once he had put Manny in with ALL of his fighters. He never wanted Cotto or Pacquiao to face Floyd. It was bad for business.
            Last edited by JK1700; 09-09-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Floyd avoided Spence, brook, Thurman though. Floyd keep repeating patterns of behaviour throughout career.

Comment

Its a good ****ing thing Floyd didn't fight Margarito back then. I'm sure the suspect Margarito would have plastered his way to beating Floyd like he did his past opponents. Cotto vs Floyd was the dream match and the confidence Cotto had riding on his back would have made for fireworks between the two in the ring. Its a shame the fight didn't happen earlier in their career.

Comment

Working...
                X