McG vs Diaz scorecards - nobody gave Diaz the 4th! Stahp it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McG vs Diaz scorecards - nobody gave Diaz the 4th! Stahp it

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/21...recard-ufc-202

The reason Diaz got the one even card, is cause a judge gave Diaz the third 10-8... Which, while I think is completely off (if so, Conor should have had a 10-8 in the second for complete domination)... It's more justifiable than giving Diaz the fourth round.

The 4th round was clearly McGregors.

Comment

How the hell round 3 is scored as 10-8 on the white scoring card.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
        How the hell round 3 is scored as 10-8 on the white scoring card.
        SMH I have no idea, mate.

I guess because Diaz clearly won the round, and maybe turned the fight around from the first 8 and a half minutes? So the judge thought he deserved 10-8?

Didn't make sense to me.

I just really wanted to prove to these people giving Diaz round 4, that they clearly missed the fight...

Comment

So he gave a 10-8 round for the 3rd, but McGregor doesn't get a 10-8 for dominating and dropping Diaz in the 1st or for dominating and dropping him twice in the 2nd?

The first 2 rounds were 10-8 McGregor rounds, unless Nate's 45 seconds of mostly ineffective attack at the end of the 2nd was enough to outweigh 4 minutes of pure domination and 2 knockdowns.

Comment

I'll have to re-watch to be sure but personally didn't think any rounds were 10-8. Nate did hurt him in the 3rd but a lot of the times guys get hurt equal to that and duck/dodge/clinch/ride it out without it being a 10-8.

Comment

McGregor clearly won the fight. Claiming otherwise is stupid.

Comment

I would have to rewatch it ,i gave MCGregor at least 3 rnds in a very easy fight to score for him .....if the UFC is going by adding total numbers now and not scoring per rround ,the first rnd would be 10 /7 ,he dropped Diaz 3 times i think ? in a one sided beating there . Personally thought MCGregor could have attempted the finish but he fought smart.
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-22-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

This fight was easy to score

Rd 1 Conor
                  Rd 2 Conor
                  Rd 3 nate
                  Rd 4 Conor
                  Rd 5 Nate

All rounds were pretty clear with round 5 being the closest due to inactivity. Nate pulled it off with the last take down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post
                    McGregor clearly won the fight. Claiming otherwise is stupid.
                    Unfortunately, that still hasn't stopped people from crying "robbery".

Comment

Working...
                    X