No announcement yet.

The All-Time Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowe Holyfield first fight rd 10
    Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Fight of the year 1950 Dauthuille vs LaMotta 160 Title on the line.

LaMotta down on all cards ready to loose the crown plays hurt in the final round (15th) then turns it on to stop Dauthuille with a few seconds left
      to retain his title he surely would have lost!

His next defense he was stopped for the first time by Sugarman to loose the crown.

Ray.

(discounting the thrown fight to Fox)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Fight of the year 1950 Dauthuille vs LaMotta 160 Title on the line.

LaMotta down on all cards ready to loose the crown plays hurt in the final round (15th) then turns it on to stop Dauthuille with a few seconds left
        to retain his title he surely would have lost!

His next defense he was stopped for the first time by Sugarman to loose the crown.

Ray.

(discounting the thrown fight to Fox)
        Does this result mean Lamotta punched harder than generally given credit for? Or does it mean his opponent was weak chinned or tired? Or does it mean when he had to, ol' Jake could bear down and punch pretty hard? Or did he merely get lucky? How good was the opponent? I don't know if he was a boxer or a puncher.

It is an unusual and dramtic result, the kind we are more used to seeing Jake on the receiving end of from watching him take so much from Robby. But ol' Jake could walk into the fire of anyone and take it while giving back his own, as long as they were willing to walk straight into him. Guys with a bigger punch who walked straight in were in big trouble. Guess I will have to dig this one up. I have watched it before, but cannot remember the details.

Comment

Working...
        X