Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 02-06-2020, 03:06 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Bandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond reputeBandman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 50,086.29
Default Past Joel Osteen is getting criticized for saying this

A viral clip of Joel Osteen shows the megachurch pastor saying that God is most honored when Christians are successful and externally well-off, and that being poor or defeated "doesn't bring any honor to God."

The clip comes from Osteen's sermon #601, first preached in 2014, titled "Have an Abundant Mentality." The sermon was republished on the Joel Osteen Audio podcast on May 1, 2019. In the sermon, Osteen responds to claims that he is a prosperity minister by at first denying it, but then saying he is "not a poverty minister."

During the sermon, Osteen says:

"'Well,' you say, 'Joel, are you one of those prosperity ministers?' No, I don't like that term. That sounds like somebody that only talks about finances. Prosperity to me is having your health. It's having peace in your mind. It's being able to sleep at night, having good relationships. There are many things that money cannot buy, and while I don't like the term 'prosperity minister,' I must say I am not a poverty minister.

"I can't find one place in the Scripture where we are supposed to drag around not having enough, not able to afford what we want, living off the leftovers, living in the land of not enough. No, we were created to be the head and not the tail. Jesus came that we might live an abundant life. We represent Almighty God here on this earth. We should be examples of His goodness, so blessed, so prosperous, so generous, so full of joy that other people want what we have.

"But you've got to fight a religious spirit that says you're supposed to be poor, broke and defeated to show God that you're really humble. No, when you're poor, broke and defeated, all that proves is that you're poor, broke and defeated. It doesn't bring any honor to God. If I brought my two children up on the platform today and their clothes were all raggedy, worn out, holes in their shoes, hair not combed, you would look at me and think, 'What kind of father is he?' It'd be a poor reflection on me. Listen, when you look good, dress good, live in a nice place, excel in your career, generous with others, that brings a smile to God's face. It brings Him pleasure to prosper you."

------------

I agree with him!!

financially well off and healthy = heaven
broke = hell
Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:36 PM #2
1 John 2:22

Quoted: 6601 Post(s)
Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 184,049.45
Total Points: 186,476.87
Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah 
Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
thanks for fast payoff. good fight!! - Psylence83 No Message - hhs661 No Message - MDPopescu Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Easter, Bud. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, and pray that God keeps you safe so you can be with those you love at the end of your tour. - DionysusX 
happy father's day - DionysusX Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler Cool stories, bro... - anthonydavid11 To Plant, congrats. - dan_cov Thanks for the kind words - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I find it funny that anyone takes what he says seriously. Dude is obviously a wolf in sheeps clothing. Heck he denied Christ on Larry King's show
Rip Chudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:46 PM #3
Metal Elitist

Quoted: 1707 Post(s)
Mighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 280.03
Total Points: 1,020,037.94
the most knowledgeable metal fan ever!!! - sweetpea87 Amorrrrrrrrrrrrr <3 - Bossy welcome bro, and nice to see another FF6 fan - Ruthless One Metalhead!!!:headbang::headbang: - -KULT- Merry Christmas Mighty_Windir - TBear 
mistery solved, thanks man - Dean_Razorback 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
I find it funny that anyone takes what he says seriously. Dude is obviously a wolf in sheeps clothing. Heck he denied Christ on Larry King's show
/Thread.

I wish someone would tell Kanye to beware of false preachers that deny The Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed be His name
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Mighty_Windir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:43 PM #4
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 45,949.28
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- hnnng, I bet it tastes as sweet as this slush - Santa_ 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
/Thread.

I wish someone would tell Kanye to beware of false preachers that deny The Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed be His name
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
osteen is a businessman / celebrity, not a real preacher. nobody should be listening to what he says
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:38 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6081 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 124,581.19
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Matthew 19:24

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
Boxfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:10 PM #6
Banned

Quoted: 18169 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,671.49
Total Points: 306,860.98
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

He is a glum flam man! Money is his good and the prosperity gospel is false teachings!
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:36 PM #7
Banned

Quoted: 6052 Post(s)
Eddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond reputeEddy Current has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,736.95
Total Points: 142,671.38
Debate champ! - Julia Slobberts Excellent debate record! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good work! - Julia Slobberts #1 - Julia Slobberts The Champ!! - Julia Slobberts 
Wooh! - Julia Slobberts Best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting out there! - Julia Slobberts Some cake for the champ!! - Julia Slobberts Great boxing mind! - Julia Slobberts 
Excellent fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts = Champion - Julia Slobberts Slobberts #1! - Julia Slobberts Top poster! - Julia Slobberts Great posting, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
The Champ Slobberts!! - Julia Slobberts Keep up the good posting!! - Julia Slobberts Slobberts is best poster! - Julia Slobberts Great fight predictions!! - Julia Slobberts Keep it up, champ! - Julia Slobberts 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Julia Slobberts Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Julia Slobberts World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Julia Slobberts Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Julia Slobberts 

He's a disgusting piece of ****. He's a criminal.
Eddy Current is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:11 PM #8
Interim Champion

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Ubeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,659.59

The guy grew up in the church, his father was a preacher and when he died Joel took over.

This is no crook, no $$$$$$ is his everything at all. The guy went to Oral Roberts University.

I pay no attention to the small stuff with religions/preachers, it's all about do you believe.

Wiki

Career
Osteen's father encouraged him to preach for many years, but he declined, preferring to work behind the scenes until January 17, 1999, when he accepted his father's suggestion and he preached his first sermon. John Osteen died six days later of a heart attack. Two weeks after his father's death, Osteen began preaching regularly and later that year was installed as the new senior pastor of Lakewood Church on October 3, 1999.[9] As of 2014, Lakewood's attendance had grown from 5,000 to 43,000.[10]

Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-07-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Ubeja Vontell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:26 PM #9
Amateur

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Michael10161 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,138.40

Joel O'Steen is a motivational speaker. Not biblical at all.
Charles Stanley, Billy Graham they are biblical scholars teachers.
Michael10161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:36 PM #10
Interim Champion

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Ubeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond reputeUbeja Vontell has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,659.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael10161 View Post
Joel O'Steen is a motivational speaker. Not biblical at all.
Charles Stanley, Billy Graham they are biblical scholars teachers.
That simply isn't true.
Ubeja Vontell is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends