No announcement yet.

I think prime Tua would ko all of the top HWs today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Nope, he would be made a fool of by today's larger HW's. Too short, and his reach was way too short.
    Don't even know why this is even a thread.

All of the top heavyweights are literally giants compared to Tua. Too physically disadvantaged to do anything.

Would get ugly quick.

Comment

I was a big fan of Tua growing up in the mid 90s, but he faces too much of a size difference vs today's top 3 considering how they box. None of them would stand and trade with Tua. Fury and Joshua would use their length. Wilder would stay out of Tua's range applying the 1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        How would you rated him against the likes of Wilder, Fury, AJ?

I'd like his chances against them all
        Stylistically he’d be a nightmare for AJ.

If Wilder couldn’t put a dent in him, I’d possibly favour Tua.

Fury schools him though, styles make fights, he’d keep him on the end of the jab like Lennox did.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          I don`t think so. Even old Stiverne survived 12 rounds in first fight. Wilder couldn`t even drop Duhaupas, a hw with solid chin.

There is zero chance Wilder would stop somebody like Tua.

Perfect example of proof that you know very little about the sport and less about what Wilder has managed to do. Wilder has all time great power. That's not disputable, chief.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            Don't even know why this is even a thread.

All of the top heavyweights are literally giants compared to Tua. Too physically disadvantaged to do anything.

Would get ugly quick.
            Tyvm.

The thread was started because people want to be nostalgic and ignore basic common sense and have no understanding of the game. The Bowe, Klitschko and Lewis era is a perfect example of how a good big man almost always beats an equally skilled smaller man. Tua had beast power but he couldn't box and had a middleweight reach. Wilder is like 6'7'' with an 83'' reach while Tua has a 70'' reach ffs! It's comical.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
              I was a big fan of Tua growing up in the mid 90s, but he faces too much of a size difference vs today's top 3 considering how they box. None of them would stand and trade with Tua. Fury and Joshua would use their length. Wilder would stay out of Tua's range applying the 1-2.
              I agree with what you said but aren't those the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Prime Tua... the fat slob who got hammered for rounds against Lewis...or someone else?
                Tua was absolute physical prime vs/ Lewis and he got son'd bad

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  i think it speaks more to the fact the top HW's of today are just not very good as opposed to Tua being some kind of legendary monster..
                  This era is as good as any other except they are bigger. Don't fool yourself with your heart

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    I agree with what you said but aren't those the same thing?
                    Lol yea I meant Wilder is gonna be looking for his KO punch

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                      Lol yea I meant Wilder is gonna be looking for his KO punch
                      Ahh, yeah, I'm my opinion, he would KO Tua

Comment

Working...
                      X