No announcement yet.

The Dominic Wade fiasco - GGG resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dominic Wade fiasco - GGG resume

When GGG fought his ibf mandatory Dominic Wade, I have seen criticisms go through the roof, ****ting on his choices of opponents. Now that he pursues a better fight than his mandatory, the usual hypocrites are happy to see his belt gone.

This just shows that there is a certain group of people no one can win with. This happened to Floyd, Pac, GGG, Loma etc etc. We have seen this kind of scenario over and over again.

I personally do not mind IBF's decision because they actually enforce their rules. However, my question to the forum dwellers is that why are you folks not consistent with your hate? Are you guys actually missing a couple of brain cells or just trolling? Both cases would be pretty tragic.

Golovkin made a career out of slandering Canelo and everything he did! Now it turns out he followed the same path and you want this hypocrite to get a pass? Fair play! It comes with the territory when you promise the fans things you never plan on doing they want payback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
      Golovkin made a career out of slandering Canelo and everything he did! Now it turns out he followed the same path and you want this hypocrite to get a pass? Fair play! It comes with the territory when you promise the fans things you never plan on doing they want payback!!!
      I have no problems with him not fighting Derev and chasing a better fight. I think IBF mandatories are generally just weak ie tureano, Wade etc.

I also have no problem with IBF stripping him because they genery seem to follow their own rules. I just don't see why everyone is getting worked up though. Perhaps it's only me who would prefer BJS or Canelo fight over derevyan... Oh wait it's not only me, the viewership will be proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
        Don't really agree with the Canelo analogy, as Canelo failed a drug test, and is a cheat in his own right.

But GGG does look hypocritical - on his way up - he was calling out everyone, and everyone was being accused of ducking him.

He wanted his shot(s) so badly..

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, he is happy to make "the best financial decisions."

I don't blame GGG - anybody with intelligence would be making the moves to best ensure the financial freedom of their family for generations to come.

but I see why he's being called out and made to eat his prior words.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
          Don't really agree with the Canelo analogy, as Canelo failed a drug test, and is a cheat in his own right.

But GGG does look hypocritical - on his way up - he was calling out everyone, and everyone was being accused of ducking him.

He wanted his shot(s) so badly..

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, he is happy to make "the best financial decisions."

I don't blame GGG - anybody with intelligence would be making the moves to best ensure the financial freedom of their family for generations to come.

but I see why he's being called out and made to eat his prior words.
          Made to eat his prior words by who? The same people who called his opponents **** even thought they were mandatories? Hardly anyone is being consistent here which is the whole premise of the thread. There is no winning for champions in this day and age unfortunately and generally in life and we should follow GGG's step.

No matter what we do in life, there is going to be atleast one person who will dislike you, hence its better to not give a **** about anyone and lead your life according to yourself. The sooner people realize this, the better for them tbh.

Comment

Vanes was a better fight than Derev? News to me.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Vanes was a better fight than Derev? News to me.
              It was supposed to be a Canelo fight but that is probably news to you as well. On another note, do you happen to reside in a cave?

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
                It was supposed to be a Canelo fight but that is probably news to you as well. On another note, do you happen to reside in a cave?
                Yeah. That fell through, and he had the opportunity to take care of the mandatory then. He chose not to, and we are where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
                  Made to eat his prior words by who? The same people who called his opponents **** even thought they were mandatories? Hardly anyone is being consistent here which is the whole premise of the thread. There is no winning for champions in this day and age unfortunately and generally in life and we should follow GGG's step.

No matter what we do in life, there is going to be atleast one person who will dislike you, hence its better to not give a **** about anyone and lead your life according to yourself. The sooner people realize this, the better for them tbh.
                  Well, early in GGG's career, he was accusing everybody of ducking him - the top dogs and champions, etc.

Now that he's a top dog, and a position to be a shot-caller, he's making the same decisions that are inhibiting other fihters from getting a title shot with him..

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    Well, early in GGG's career, he was accusing everybody of ducking him - the top dogs and champions, etc.

Now that he's a top dog, and a position to be a shot-caller, he's making the same decisions that are inhibiting other fihters from getting a title shot with him..
                    So if he keeps fighting his Mandos, you are assuming that there will not be a **** show about how crap his resume is? Everyone talked bs before he took on Jacobs and Canelo. Let's not pretend that he would not face criticisms otherwise because history has shown just that.

Comment

Working...
                    X