Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caleb Plant is 100% Right About Canelo!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Caleb Plant has every right to turn the fight down, but which is Canelo getting hate here? Everyone knows when he fights. He's not getting off the May 2nd date. If Plant doesn't feel like he won't have enough time to recover from camp/fight, then okay. Just turn it down and move on. No one forced Kovalev to take the fight and no one is forcing Plant to take it. Simply was offered to him.

This brings up another conversation about how fighters are having far too long training camps. They get out of shape, take a four week pre-camp to lose weight and then start a 8-10 week camp. Super unnecessary.
    Where am I hating on Canelo?? I'm just calling it like I see it. ODH ain't getting none of the fights we actually want to see and it's because of lowball offers. No one forced Kovalev you're right but the fact remains he only had barely 2 months to prepare. + Dehydration clauses and a tough fight with yarde .

I'm calling it like I see it. Canelo the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoseph View Post
      Where am I hating on Canelo?? I'm just calling it like I see it. ODH ain't getting none of the fights we actually want to see and it's because of lowball offers. No one forced Kovalev you're right but the fact remains he only had barely 2 months to prepare. + Dehydration clauses and a tough fight with yarde .

I'm calling it like I see it. Canelo the boss.
      Even if YOU aren't hating on Canelo, a lot of people are taking shots at him and GBP for giving Plant a "short notice." And that rehydration clause is no different from what we see in IBF title fights.

I don't think GBP was trying to set Plant up or take advantage of him just coming off a camp/fight. Just presenting him with an opportunity to fight Canelo after BJS/Smith had turned down the initial offers.

Comment

The problem I have with the Canelos of the world is that they are always trying to get some advantage and don't fight or play in an even fair field.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          The problem I have with the Canelos of the world is that they are always trying to get some advantage and don't fight or play in an even fair field.
          Right, that's all Im saying. But people will assume I'm hating even though I like canelo lol

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Caleb Plant has every right to turn the fight down, but which is Canelo getting hate here? Everyone knows when he fights. He's not getting off the May 2nd date. If Plant doesn't feel like he won't have enough time to recover from camp/fight, then okay. Just turn it down and move on. No one forced Kovalev to take the fight and no one is forcing Plant to take it. Simply was offered to him.

This brings up another conversation about how fighters are having far too long training camps. They get out of shape, take a four week pre-camp to lose weight and then start a 8-10 week camp. Super unnecessary.
            No one is trashing Canelo. Everyone is trashing De La Hoya.

Oscar is talking shit about Plant, saying Plant will never again be allowed the opportunity to fight Canelo, because Plant didn't accept his ridiculous offer.

No world champion that has options is going to do two training camps back-to-back, but Oscar is lashing out at Plant; he's desperate because he is out of time to finalize a fight with an acceptable opponent for May 2nd.

Canelo has some fangirls here that are trying to parrot Oscar's talking points, but they don't hold water. No one's being critical of Canelo, we're being critical of DLH. He blew the September date, caused Canelo to get stripped of his title, and now he's trying to move heaven and earth just to salvage a fight for Canelo on May 2nd. It's insane.

I don't think Canelo is trying to get an unfair advantage by making a fight last minute, I think his promoter is just fucking terrible at his job and has run out of time.
            Last edited by paulf; 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Cmon get real guys Haymon isn't sending his property to get slaughtered. Same reason Spence/Bud will never happen he knows his guy would get clowned on its terrible business.

Comment

I agree Plant is correct and has not fear of Canelo but won't be pushed around by anyone. Why should he? He is a good popular champion in his own right. I'll bet Canelo fights BJS next and i have said that on here since the day after he beat Kovalev. I think all the lowball so called great offers to other fighters was just for show so Oscar could claim he tried to get Canelo a fight with other tough guys but they were all afraid to fight Canelo. Saunders was the fight team Canelo wanted all along and that is who he will fight on May 2nd in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoseph View Post
                  Facts. I agree. What champion who actually wants to give themselves a chance to win would do back to back training camps after a fight. Nobody lol
                  Andy Ruiz........

Comment

This is nothing like Kovalev. Plant just had a fight but it was a cakewalk compared to Kovalev and Yarde.

Plant is making excuses because he knows he gets kod and doesn’t want to lose his belt. It’s easy to say you’ll fight anyone but it’s another to actually do it.

Comment

Lol does anybody actually believe Plant would of taken that fight with a longer camp? People on here still pretending they don't know what master Haymon and the PBC are doing?

It's just more of the same really. I understand its business bla bla but it's still a sport. Apparently its cuz master Haymon needs to put these fights on Fox. Like I said it's business.

So where are the offers? How come they ain't making any? Until they try making these good fights themselves even the business argument isn't working.

So they are refusing offers and making no counter offers. They are turning down great money and great opportunities to win belts and making no efforts to make the fights on their terms. Yet cry and moan when Boxing fans call that a duck.

It's a ****ing duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X