No announcement yet.

Andrade vs Jacobs is the fight to make.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    Most of that fight he was winning fairly comfortably until he got caught which can happen to anyone. You can use that method with most fighters who at some point in the career have looked less than stellar against mediocre opposition. His fight with Jacobs shows that he’s a solid fringe world level kind of fighter imo but we can agree to disagree
    I actually agree he’s fringe world level, that’s what C level is IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      It’s not realistic though. DAZN and PBC aren’t gonna work together for a fight of that magnitude.
      I'm pretty sure Andrade and Jacobs won't fight as well. They are close friends

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        I'm pretty sure Andrade and Jacobs won't fight as well. They are close friends
        That’s a kop out though, being friends doesn’t mean you can’t fight. Nothing is standing in the way of that fight apart from themselves.

Jacobs is even on record saying “if the fight makes sense” he’ll take it. It makes sense...

Comment

My only problem with Andrade is that is he is too afraid of getting hit or stay in the pocket long enough to get hit. That's why Canelo will avoid him because he is just too damn defensive and safety first.

Andrade has a very difficult style to look good against. For one, he fights as a southpaw, two, he doesn't throw a lot of punches in order to counter him and three, he just won't sit still long enough in the pocket in order for you to hit him.

He's a pot shot artist.

Comment

It’s not realistic though. DAZN and PBC aren’t gonna work together for a fight of that magnitude.
            I think it is possible. They can work out some trade where Andrade vs Charlo is on DAZN while Tank vs Farmer is on SHO or something like that.

And besides, who are Andrade and Charlo going to continue fighting if they can't get Canelo or GGG?

Comment

I actually agree he’s fringe world level, that’s what C level is IMO.
              Let’s go B level and call it a day lol. Heck, even B- level.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                I think it is possible. They can work out some trade where Andrade vs Charlo is on DAZN while Tank vs Farmer is on SHO or something like that.

And besides, who are Andrade and Charlo going to continue fighting if they can't get Canelo or GGG?
                I obviously hope you’re right but I just don’t see it. I’d be amazed if DAZN and PBC came together for a fight like this.

They’ll likely just keep fighting C level opposition. Jermall is in the same position as Crawford all the other top level guys are on the other side of the street.

Comment

That’s a kop out though, being friends doesn’t mean you can’t fight. Nothing is standing in the way of that fight apart from themselves.

Jacobs is even on record saying “if the fight makes sense” he’ll take it. It makes sense...
                  Interesting, I wouldn't mind it. But fighters pointing to promotional companies as to why a fight isn't happening is a cop out as well. If they really want to fight, they can make it happen. Promoters work together for fights all the time. Hooker Vs Jose Ramirez for example, Loma Vs Linares. It's also an excuse

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Interesting, I wouldn't mind it. But fighters pointing to promotional companies as to why a fight isn't happening is a cop out as well. If they really want to fight, they can make it happen. Promoters work together for fights all the time. Hooker Vs Jose Ramirez for example, Loma Vs Linares. It's also an excuse
                    Yeah fair point. If a fighter wants a fight badly enough, there’s always a way to to make it happen.

Comment

I think he should stay at 160. Aside from Smith DAZN have no options at 168. At 160 there is Andrade and then possible rematches with GGG or even Canelo.
                      He REALLY struggles to make the MW limit and you could tell his snap on his punches are deteriorating. Time for him to move up, been a MW his entire career pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                      X