Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG: Canelo is one day 155, next day 175. He's too big. He doesn't respect boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    Wrong.

Ward wants to fight Kovalev.
    GGG has NO INTENTION of EVER fighting Ward.

Ward wants to fight Kovalev at his weight.
    GGG wanted Ward at a CW.

Ward wants to fight some Comp in Kovalev's division before going after the best.
    GGG wanted to make a quick money grap with no intention of fighting Ward.

Facts.
    Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    Good point. But problem is GGG shuda said that from jump. But he put his foot in his own mouth by acting like he was ready for him.

I mean its understandable to refuse jumping up in weight and fighting WARD. But they chose to keep WARD name in their mouths
    I think KillaMane26 sees it better than you Razcal26...

But still, the GGG team, I don't think they are using Ward's name. Actually in one interview from two months ago or so, GGG said "I don't want to talk about him" when the journalist asked him. So I believe they only talk about Ward when asked about him, and not everytime, and not lately, at all.

And I disagree that GGG wouldn't fight Ward. I think he will want to fight Ward or other Super MW since 2017, but Ward fans will say that he's trying to drain Ward or something... GGG is in no hurry to move up to become the man at 168. He's only interested in money fights at 168 until this year. Next year he will have already unified the 160 division and will chase the 168 top guys. If not in 2017, it will happen in 2018, but it will. 2017 could may be a year of defenses and good fights (Jacobs, BJS, Lara).

Let's wait and see. GGG is in no hurry to move up permamently to 168, he can make weight easily at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      And GGG said anybody from 154 to 168 he must not respect boxing because he does not mean what he says .

These guys are all playing the same game what Canelo is doing is the same BS GGG did to Ward , they all the same .
      Yeah, yeah...Ward said he'd drop to 160 for Floyd and he could beat a Klitschko, neither of which he did.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Yeah, yeah...Ward said he'd drop to 160 for Floyd and he could beat a Klitschko, neither of which he did.
        Ward said years ago he wanted to finish his career at heavyweight, but before fighting Barrera he said: "They force me to move up, and not others"

Ward has more BS than GGG. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Mayweather was a WW that stepped up and won titles against bigger guys at JMW. Pacquiao did the same to win a title at JMW even if it was a bull**** paper title. They are both WW's. Golovkin calling out one WW while saying the other is too small when they weigh damn near the same is being an hypocrite.

Try and justify it all you want, it is what it is.
          To be fair though Mayweather has fought at the 154lb limit in the past, Pacquiaos biggest opponent had a max weight of 150lbs. I agree Mayweathers better suited for 147lbs but he has experience fighting at a higher weight than Pacquiao and had success doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            He's saying Canelo is too big for this and that fighter while calling out WW's himself. That's being a hypocrite.
            That's different. We're talking about arguably the greatest fighter of our era (Mayweather) in comparison to guy who does NOT HAVE ONE defining win in his career so far. He's just exploiting (Canelo). That's why I don't think GGG should give up anything. If he does, ONE, JUST ONE ADVANTAGE that excludes that catch weight BS.

One puts you on a platform higher than the other! Levels higher! We can't name many fighters who wouldn't drop or go up in weight at a chance against Mayweather. The risk is high but the rewards are a lot higher if you can beat him or even make it a tough fight! He's retired though...so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Canelo is the MW champ remember? Mando, belt strippage, ring a bell?
              If Golovkin really did want the belt, he wouldn't have taken the step-aside fee for Cotto-Alvarez; it's not like not having the WBC 160 belt at stake would've derailed the Cotto-Alvarez fight to begin with.

Canelo will fight Khan in May, hand the WBC their 160 belt on the 14th day, and Golovkin would still spend his time trying to talk his way into a fight with Alvarez, because he's spent the bulk of his HBO run using the schtick of "I want all of the middleweight belts" (while letting Abel/Loeffler talk ****) to try and get a big payday.

The moment Golovkin gets handed the WBC belt, the WBA will begin the process of confirming Daniel Jacobs as Golovkin's mandatory challenger. Jacobs and his camp are going to come to the table with a fat wallet, so we'll see how Golovkin/K2 reacts.

Comment

Where is Wards name there? I don't see it................

Had the opportunity to fight Ward, messed around.
                Now he has people lying for him about it being just about the belts.
                That is literally the only thing you guys have on him. He didn't jump up 8 lbs,and immidiatly fight the best guy in the division,aka Mr #2 p4p. Maybe I should start ****ing on ward for not going straight from 168 to 175 and fighting kovalev without any tuneups.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  That is literally the only thing you guys have on him. He didn't jump up 8 lbs,and immidiatly fight the best guy in the division,aka Mr #2 p4p. Maybe I should start ****ing on ward for not going straight from 168 to 175 and fighting kovalev without any tuneups.
                  Nah, it really isn't. I have plenty.

Who said I didn't like GGG? Because I don't buy into his BS blindly like you do?

A guy who has he is all about the belts yet has allowed step aside money and voluntary fight? Nah.

Wanted to fight Froch and JCC jr at 168, tried to CW Ward at 164. Nah, not buying it.

I would far more respect if he had said that he wanted to fight those two guys first before fighting the best at 168, then cool, makes sense. But that didn't happen.

Not buying into the BS.
                  See that part in bold? It DESTROYS your stupid argument that I demand of him to go up in weigh just to fight the best SMW straight away.

Comment

Bump...

Comment

Working...
                    X