Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you guys factor the mental side of boxing into your picks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you guys factor the mental side of boxing into your picks?

I see it often on here... "I thought [Boxer A] was great, but then I saw him in a gimme fight against a can and he looked dreadful. Maybe he's past prime?"

This isn't about any fight in particular, but I believe that 90% of boxing is - within reason, obviously - between the ears.

What we saw tonight - and this isn't just about the Ruiz-Joshua fight, but LOTS of fights - is an example of the mental aspect being reversed.

FIGHT ONE:
    Ruiz - "I'm hungry, I've waited for this my whole life."
    AJ - "This is the AJ show, I'll blow through this guy, and if I get hurt, the ref won't stop it, it's the AJ show. Stay humble and all that bollocks."

FIGHT TWO:
    AJ - "fuck me, I'd better not act the cunt this time, innit, yer fuckers?"
    Ruiz - "Eeeeeeeee, senor, I enjoyed mucho mucho tacos and don't give a sheeeeeeeet, amigo."

Bad mindset for both men in a fight each.

He was a slack cunt, wasn't he?

Probably read NSB every day and learned he was the second coming of Tyson and didn't need to bother.

Comment

I can't ****ing believe Ruiz

Grade A c u n t

Comment

I usually just look into if they usually have trouble making weight or if the money is too much to say no too.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I see it often on here... "I thought [Boxer A] was great, but then I saw him in a gimme fight against a can and he looked dreadful. Maybe he's past prime?"

This isn't about any fight in particular, but I believe that 90% of boxing is - within reason, obviously - between the ears.

What we saw tonight - and this isn't just about the Ruiz-Joshua fight, but LOTS of fights - is an example of the mental aspect being reversed.

FIGHT ONE:
          AJ - "This is the AJ show, I'll blow through this guy, and if I get hurt, the ref won't stop it, it's the AJ show. Stay humble and all that bollocks."

FIGHT TWO:
          AJ - "fuck me, I'd better not act the cunt this time, innit, yer fuckers?"
          Ruiz - "Eeeeeeeee, senor, I enjoyed mucho mucho tacos and don't give a sheeeeeeeet, amigo."

Bad mindset for both men in a fight each.

It’s one of the things I look for before laying down coin
          Usually , if you follow a fighter , you can tell when there is bullchit going on behind the scenes
          Or you’ll hear about it to some extent
          Mind you , fat fugh Ruiz really did play me
          Didn’t hear chit about him partying or not training
          Of course the usual spottings ( in this case him having pizza the night before or wtv , I just thought it was hate as no one had any real evidence )
          But mindset is a big factor especially for an individual sport like boxing

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

FIGHT ONE:
            There's no doubt Andy was hungry in the first fight, man, dude didn't stop eating for the next 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I can't ****ing believe Ruiz

Grade A c u n t
              Absolute disgrace, wasn't he?

"I wasn't my fault I lost... I just came in overweight and didn't do fuck all training."

What a stupid cunt. If that guy was offered a shag off Scarlett Johannson he'd probably cut off his own dick by accident first.

Comment

Working...
              X