Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Spence get a pass for fighting Ocampo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Spence get a pass for fighting Ocampo?

Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
    Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

Because he is a mandatory and Spence has to. Stop crying.

Comment

Blame the IBF, not Spence. There's no way a guy like Ocampo should be getting a shot without winning a good eliminator first

Comment

Fulfilling a mandatory, gets him away from mandatory status for another year which I hope will lead him to pursuing bigger names and unification. Gotta keep in mind, Dsg and Porter weren't available and neither is Thurman, with those names out might as well get the mandatory out of the way. Ortiz, Alexander or Berto would also be that big of underdogs and it wouldn't help fulfill Spence's mandatory. The other guys you named arent any more relevant than ocampo. Just my take

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post

Comment

Are you fools ******ed on this site? It's his mandatory fight. He was either to fight Ocampo or get stripped of his title. That title seems to be his only bargaining chip or way to even get anyone else in the ring. Fighting and beating his mandatory will give him another year before he has to fight another one and will open him up to face the other title holders in the division. That is if they'll even step up to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Blame the IBF, not Spence. There's no way a guy like Ocampo should be getting a shot without winning a good eliminator first
            Ponamorev or whatever his name is didn't want to fight Ocampo for the eliminator though

Comment

you can't win the hypocrisy game against people who don't care about being hypocritical. yes its a crap fight. just dont pay attention

Comment

Yeah, Brook, Glovkin and others got all kinds of hate when they were fighting their mandatories.
                This is even worse because a long line of more recognizable welters are available and are in his own backyard.
                Collazo would have been a much better alternative, for one.
                Haymon and Espinoza can't do anything about it.
                Just imagine if these were under Loeffler, Arum, Hoya's control, etc.
                Last edited by rickJen; 06-16-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

IBF mandatory. Do you even follow boxing?

Comment

Probably because we use Golovkin as a benchmark and he got 37 or more passes!!! Next!!

Comment

Working...
                    X