No announcement yet.

P4P The Greatest Fighter who ever Lived

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
    Just provide me those lists...I am not disputing Robinson at #1 I had him there for a long time, and if someone has him there still now great. Sugar Ray is eminently qualified to hold that position. I have no problems with that.

If soemone does not have Sam in top 10 fine, that doesn't mean its Bible.
    But I will like you to provide the lists you speak off.

Remember I gave you the IBRO list too.
    your wanting me to go and wratch up P4P boxing lists for you?

Comment

I personally have Robinson at #1 over Langford but it's hardly a whitewash by any means. You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger admirer of Langford on this site

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        your wanting me to go and wratch up P4P boxing lists for you?
        For you sir, I have all the lists. You adamantly state that you have many such lists where sam is not rated. So I asked you to go ahead and find some...I know two-three where he is not, but in majority he is.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          I personally have Robinson at #1 over Langford but it's hardly a whitewash by any means. You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger admirer of Langford on this site

Poet

Thats fine with me Poet. I already stated I have no issues with this kind of ranking, but I have my good reasons for not doing so. I hope you understand.

Comment

fact!!!!!!!

Comment

For you sir, I have all the lists. You adamantly state that you have many such lists where sam is not rated. So I asked you to go ahead and find some...I know two-three where he is not, but in majority he is.
              your mistaken my friend. i don't have no lists, why should i have any lists, when did i claim to be someone who collects lists?.... i said i have seen many lists which do not include Langford on them but none that do not include Robinson and you are asking me to provide you with these lists, well the best way to settle this argument is for you to show me a list from a reputable boxing historian who has Langford rated P4P above Ray Robinson coz like i said before i have never came across one.

Comment

You stated "you may rate Langford as your "Personal" choice as No1 but in reality Langford does not and never has made the Top 10, it is universally accepted over the last 60yrs that the term P4P was coined for Ray Robinson as he was the greatest fighter of all time and voted such by Boxing Historians at the IBHOF & BWoA"

See the part highlighted in bold. Your statement Sonny. For this I gave you all these lists and you see almost every historian do rank him within top 10 some within top 5

Now as per Sam I hold him as #1 if people hold him at lower and Sugar higher I don't have probs.By the way in Tracy Callis's list he doesnot have Sugar as #1.

Sugar Ray did not fight from lightweight to heavy beating almost all the greats of his era in each weight almost...Sonny on this basis I have Sam ranked at #1.
                your talking in riddles, your now saying "I gave you all these lists and you see almost every historian do rank him within top 10 some within top 5".... What Lists? you put up 2 lists and both had Robinson ahead of Lagford yet you keep going on about "ALL THESE LISTS"..yet it is 2 lists you have put up.... show me a list which has Lagford rated p4p ahead of Robinson because like i said earlier, "i have never come across one which has"

Comment

I still have to read an article explaining clearly -

What P4P really means?

What's the Main Criteria?

Having no losses?

Having the most number of Boxing Fans?

Must He be, a BOXER, or a FIGHTER?

Having the highest percentage of KO/TKO Wins?

Having the most number of Titles in different weight Divisions?

What about the Attitude/ Good Moral Character?

SportsWriters, Boxing Organizations, and Boxing Fans, should be united in formulating the Main Criteria!

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    your talking in riddles, your now saying "I gave you all these lists and you see almost every historian do rank him within top 10 some within top 5".... What Lists? you put up 2 lists and both had Robinson ahead of Lagford yet you keep going on about "ALL THESE LISTS"..yet it is 2 lists you have put up.... show me a list which has Lagford rated p4p ahead of Robinson because like i said earlier, "i have never come across one which has"

1)You state that Sam is not in top 10 list of any reputable historians

2)You make a serious mistake, and give a false information.

3)I give you lists where he is rated top 10

4)I never said he is picked over Robinson, I said I do so. You said Sam is not even picked in top 10. To prove you wrong I give you the list

5) You come back and state that there are other lists where Sam is not picked and there are too many

6)I ask you to give the lists.You say you dont understand

7)I have already given my reasons for picking Sam as #1.If anyone picks Robbie its fine too.

8)What you don't understand now?

Comment

"Personal" choice as No1 but in reality Langford does not and never has made the Top 10, it is universally accepted over the last 60yrs that the term P4P was coined for Ray Robinson as he was the greatest fighter of all time and voted such by Boxing Historians at the IBHOF & BWoA"

You own quote ...I gave you the lists for this above comment...anything else or something new now?

Comment

Working...
                      X