• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in depth New York Times analysis

Mayweather-Pacquiao fight hits a snag
    Daley Ficklewicz
    New York Times
    7-16-2010

The much-anticipated bout between P$P champions Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jnr is no closer to happening today, after Bob Arum's July 16 deadline passed with nary a blah, blah, blah from the Mayweather camp.

This after weeks of intense blah as both sides sort to wrangle a deal for a November match-up between the reigning kings of blah, blah blah.

Top Rank's head honcho was quick to deflect blame for the non-event from all sides in this saga.

"We tried to make a fight, but we couldn't because blah, blah, blah. The offer was on the table for Floyd, but due to blah, blah, blah, or perhaps some blah, blah, blah, the fight is not happening. I'm not quite sure what the reason is for Floyd's silence, but I suspect it has something to do with blah, blah, blah, and blah blah blah. If I'm wrong, than blah it. I'm all blah'd out on the matter."

Freddie Roach weighed in on the fight:

"I said to Manny: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

Roach denies that blah said blah to blah, or that at any stage during the hushed-up proceedings, blah equated to blah or that blah, blah blah's equivocations on the likelihood of blah getting knocked out by blah, had anything to do with Mayweather's no-show.

Fight fans are divided along Mayweather/Pacquiao loyalties.

Blah blah blah blah, said one fan on boxinscene.com's Non-Stop Boxing forum. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Another fight fan, who identified himself as ColWallace, pointed to this video on youtube as proof blah, blah blah never wanted to fight blah blah blah:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Last edited by ColWallace; 07-17-2010, 07:04 AM. Reason: my own personal whim
Working...
X