Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: I Want To Get This Win, Hope For Something Bigger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Amir Khan effect: The more he gets brutally knocked out, the more deluded he gets. The dude is afraid to throw his hands nowadays in case he gets countered. It's sad to watch especially when he has ALL the attributes to be a top contender.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      But he wasn't when fighting the most dangerous fight of his career against Povetkin. He went balls to the wall and showed a ton of heart, even coming out after that KO with a renewed level on confidence he hasn't had since before the first Thompson fight. If he is matched correctly he can still have success in the upper echelon of the HW division
      So feed him soft opposition until he gets a shot then watch Wilder, AJ or any other heavyweight that can punch brutally KO him?

Comment

Originally posted by scarybodyshot View Post
        So feed him soft opposition until he gets a shot then watch Wilder, AJ or any other heavyweight that can punch brutally KO him?
        He could beat Charr or Oquendo for that WBA regular title. I think he could beat Kabayel for the European title. There are other guys high in the rankings that I would pick Price to beat. Matching him correctly doesn't mean putting him in against bums, but it also doesn't mean you have to be a unified champ to be successful. It would be a huge deal to Price and his people if he won a European title at this stage after all he has been through, there are significant, realistic achievements that are out there for him. It's up to his team to see that he is given the best opportunities to accomplish them.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
          I’d like to see him fight Luis Ortiz
          What's the point in fights when you know the outcome? Price is not in the same league as Ortiz. Dave Allen would be a good scrap for Price and on his domestic level.

Comment

It’s not just pricey’s chin that’s the problem his stamina is shocking for a guy in his shape

He’s gonna end up hurt if he keeps getting drilled

Still wouldn’t mind price fury though if I’m honest

Comment

Everybody is going to eat their words about Price. He was reborn against Povetkin, he is now "The Gunslinger", the next few years we are going to get the best Price we've ever seen. I won't be surprised if he wins a European title or even more
              He’s got world level power and that could carry him to a euro title maybe but if he’s in this game to be a world champ it’s not going to happen and I feel he should retire before he gets himself seriously hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                It's the Amir Khan effect: The more he gets brutally knocked out, the more deluded he gets. The dude is afraid to throw his hands nowadays in case he gets countered. It's sad to watch especially when he has ALL the attributes to be a top contender.
                Khan is a talent that can operate at world level though. You always get the feeling that khan can beat anyone if they can’t knock him out

Comment

He could beat Charr or Oquendo for that WBA regular title. I think he could beat Kabayel for the European title. There are other guys high in the rankings that I would pick Price to beat. Matching him correctly doesn't mean putting him in against bums, but it also doesn't mean you have to be a unified champ to be successful. It would be a huge deal to Price and his people if he won a European title at this stage after all he has been through, there are significant, realistic achievements that are out there for him. It's up to his team to see that he is given the best opportunities to accomplish them.
                  I’m not totally convinced Price can rebound but I have seen it before in the HW division but a lot of the younger posters here were probably not old enough to witness Oleg Maskaev going on to win a world title after being brutally knocked out several times including a couple early KO losses. So it is not impossible. Maskaev had a resurgence in his mid 30s & was carefully matched & he pulled a 12th round KO of Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    I’m not totally convinced Price can rebound but I have seen it before in the HW division but a lot of the younger posters here were probably not old enough to witness Oleg Maskaev going on to win a world title after being brutally knocked out several times including a couple early KO losses. So it is not impossible. Maskaev had a resurgence in his mid 30s & was carefully matched & he pulled a 12th round KO of Rahman.
                    Those 2 wars with Rahman were epic

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Khan is a talent that can operate at world level though. You always get the feeling that khan can beat anyone if they can’t knock him out
                      I'd say Khan has beaten only one world class fighter at the PEAK of their powers and that was Maidana, and boy oh boy, only just. The other prime guys he fought: Garcia, Canelo and Peterson all beat him handsomely; Peterson was just marching him down for the last half of their fight. Alexander and Judah (especially) were past their best tbh. No evidence Khan can operate with prime elite fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X