No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson, Badou Jack Battle To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    You don't win rounds on the back foot keeping your distance and throwing nothing... And that's what Jack did for the first 4 rounds... Stevenson wasn't stellar of course, but he did just enough to buy those rounds on "aggression" and whatever small volume he had... He just needed 2 of the remaining 8 rounds to get the draw, which he did even though I still had him ahead by the end... Again, fair deal ...
    It doesn't matter how you fight, it matters whether you're landing punches. In the first three rounds they were landing similar numbers of punches of similar cleanness and effectiveness. Any of those rounds could go either way. All that talk about aggressiveness and activity mean nothing if they aren't leading to more or better punches landing.

The fourth round was a clear Jack round.

But I'm not disputing the decision at all. It was a close fight and while Jack was the better guy, he didn't do enough to clearly get the rounds he needed.

Comment

• Anyone has round by round scoring from judges ?

Comment

• This fight was very similar to Garcia-Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
          This fight was very similar to Garcia-Peterson.
          I was thinking the exact same thing. Definitely similar.

Comment

• Best punch of the night!

Comment

• Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post

Best punch of the night!
              Damn. He ate that ****

Comment

• Strong contender for fight of the year

Comment

• Great fight. I called a draw although I had Jack winning. ****ty judging/refs are nothing new in boxing.

Comment

• Both of the them looked like ****. Kovalev bivol gyozdk and beterbiev murder them with ease.

Comment

• Gotta see this fight back

Comment

Working...
                      X