Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Have Such A Big Problem Accepting Being Wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    It's a male trait. There have been psychological studies on this.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/why-me...or-directions/
    I think females are more inclined to not accept being wrong. I have never met a female, smart or dumb, who has any accountability or integrity. You will have them recorded and they will still deny sh;ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I think it's a little worse on here (especially this crazy ass forum lol) because nobody will let you live it down if you make a bold prediction and end up being wrong.
      Yea online anon-ness leads to more boldness & hardheadedness than people would have irl I'm sure.

Also, you kind of stop giving a ****, at least I did
      No doubt.

Trying to act like you are right when you are for sure wrong about some sh^t is tiring man lol. I wasn't always quick to wanna admit I was wrong either about some basic sh^t so I know whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        The last couple days here I've had some of the wonkiest lil debates with people with cats clearly wrong about some sh^t. I'll leave out the specific debates & names where one nutty mfer kept trying to move the goalposts on what I said to fit his narrative better & a much more humorous one today with what a "unification fight" is to some other nutty bastard.

But regardless of my specific issues with those people why is it so hard for people to just say "you know what...you might be right...thanks for correcting me"?

I got 26k posts here. I've been wrong a sh^tton about various topics. And upon being proven wrong or just corrected on something I thought was right at first but ultimately wasn't, I usually just say "oh sh^t you're are right, thanks" or give a dude some karma for getting me up to speed on something I was clearly wrong about or not up to date on.

Thats not to say I haven't had opinions disputes with people where neither of us could prove we were right til some future event may or may not take place or perhaps its not something either of us could ever prove we are right.

But thats what I usually try to do when something is provable & I realize I was clearly wrong or mistaken. And I see others who take that approach as well, but its clearly a minority of people who handle things that way.

Why is that a thing most dudes can't do here doe? Why can't dudes just accept being wrong, man up & not defend a bad thing even to the point of making themselves look petty & often times just straight up stupid & instead just move forward with the right info now? Is it some ego sh^t? Do they legit believe they are right? Are they not even able to digest things being broken down to them cuz they are so committed to being personally right over getting the right info? Whats is going on with this silliness my brothers & sissies?
        I believe it to be an insecurity issue. When you have so little of who you are, it is hard to give up an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          I think females are more inclined to not accept being wrong. I have never met a female, smart or dumb, who has any accountability or integrity. You will have them recorded and they will still deny sh;ts.
          LOL, but yea this might be a human trait not just a male trait.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL, but yea this might be a human trait not just a male trait.
            I had a chick who seriously thought she was still a virgin after admitting to having lost count of the amount of times she had sex with her ex-boyfriend. Her reason: she feels as though i am the one who took it because she enjoyed sex with me more and had more feelings for me; also, she felt she was too young when she was with her ex. She was convinced, me being her second guy and she had a little bleeding with me. She went from having sex with her ex-mate "1 and 1/2 times" to not being able to remember. When i tried to tell her no, she started crying.

Comment

Because I’m never wrong

Comment

These are the same people who always have to have the last word. Every fcuking time! I may get into my share of disagreements over some issues, but at a certain point I either walk away from it because neither of us are going to get the other to budge or agree to disagree.

I also think there are certain members who make it difficult for others to admit they are wrong. Rather than being humble and giving someone credit for admitting they are wrong, they prefer to antagonize him and tell him he was owned, he ducked the discussion, or b!tched out. That certainly doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I used to be like that, having a problem admitting I was wrong.

I changed my ways
                  Floyd humbled you

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                    Floyd humbled you
                    Because of what?

Comment

aboutfkntime has got to be the worst for this. he argued himself into a corner in that thread which lasted like 150 pages where he said canelo wasnt a middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X