Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some fighters who had a great jab to the body.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name some fighters who had a great jab to the body.

When thrown correctly I think it's one of the most effective punches in boxing. Apart from the obvious like Lennox Lewis, Holmes, Mayweather jr and to a lesser extent Tyson and Mosley. Is there anybody else from any era that I'm missing?

I must also mention Herrera used it to control Danny for large portions of their fight.

Andre Ward has an excellent jab to the body. He used it well in his fight with Abraham.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, Hector Camacho, Miguel Cotto, Paulie Malignaggi

Comment

Tommy Hearns, the 1st fight with Leonard is a good example of a fight where he put it too good use.
        Last edited by NChristo; 12-08-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Tommy Hearns, the 1st fight with Leonard is a good example of a fight where use put it too good use.
          yes he used this to avert attention from his nuclear right hand that was coming.

Comment

Winky wright

Comment

Thanks guys just been watching some Macho Camacho he had a good jab to the body. So did Winky to be honest I'm only just realising now and I've watched plenty of his fights. Hearns was a beasttttt would occasionally touch the body then pow, come over the top with his straight right.

In terms of Execution Lennox and Floyd are the best I've witnessed. They both step in with the punch sucking wind out the sails with each connect.

Comment

The G.O.A.T Muhammad Ali

Comment

Harold Johnson.

Comment

There is no room in this world for perfection.

Comment

Working...
                    X