Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We Are Sending Out Tremendous Offer To Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The public deserves to see the best fights,” Arum insists. “If promoters can't work together to present the best fights, then shame on the promoters.”

What Bob means to say is, "The public deserves to see the best fights...on ESPN!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Fury Bamboozled the sht out of ESPN. And Top Skank has ZERO quality HW's. This is 10x worse than what their paying Crawford to fight the Khans of the world.
      Well, getting Fury may get them fighters like Whyte. On the surface, yeah it looks bad right now with TR lacking names. But that could change with the signing of Fury. They had to make a move to get in the HW picture, and Fury was the one guy there for the taking. And I wouldn't count out making fights with Wilder/Joshua either. Could happen, and one, if not both NEED to happen for them. May not happen next, but eventually it will have to happen.

Comment

Lets wait and see what the deal looks like because Arum is the MASTER of Lowball Offers only to run to the media and pretend like he sent a fair offer and that the other guy turned it down "He Doesn't Want To Fight!"

I think ESPN might be in on this though, I think ESPN 100% Want that fight and it would be a Massive fight for them for sure even if they have to pay up to get Wilder on their Platform for 1 Fight

Comment

Translation from scumbaggish to english: We're sending out a lowball offer.

Of course he publicly states in advance that the offer is great so that once team Wilder complain, it's a my word against yours situation.

Classic Arum.

Comment

WBC needs to create a special belt to sweeten the pot. That will get the fight made

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              bad example. Crawford mostly fights non TR opponents. Khan Felix Diaz John Molina Dierry Jean Ricky Burns Gamboa Thomas Dukorme etc etc. He is just the opposite.
              Those are pretty much low level fighters that have no backing from a network. Arum works with small promoters and has their guys fight on his cards. He likes to blame Haymon but he never mentions how Haymon sent over some his fighters to fight on his cards yet Arum has never sent one over to fight on a PBC card willingly. Its pretty much forced purse bids.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Lets wait and see what the deal looks like because Arum is the MASTER of Lowball Offers only to run to the media and pretend like he sent a fair offer and that the other guy turned it down "He Doesn't Want To Fight!"

I think ESPN might be in on this though, I think ESPN 100% Want that fight and it would be a Massive fight for them for sure even if they have to pay up to get Wilder on their Platform for 1 Fight
                There will never be a 1 fight deal when it comes to Arum, especially if that fighter has a chance to beat his guy. He'll send an offer over along with some language requesting future options of Wilder's next fights. Wilder's team would decline that offer and Arum will go the media blaming Haymon for Wilder not accepting the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Those are pretty much low level fighters that have no backing from a network. Arum works with small promoters and has their guys fight on his cards. He likes to blame Haymon but he never mentions how Haymon sent over some his fighters to fight on his cards yet Arum has never sent one over to fight on a PBC card willingly. Its pretty much forced purse bids.
                  wrong again. Haymon sent over slop like diaz and molina. The post said Crawford only fights in house which is criminally false.

Arum didn’t have to send Gvozdyk over. Even with a purse bid. He could have sent him after the WBO title Kovalev alvarez fought for it Beterbiev and his IBF.

He didn’t have to send Loma for Russell Jr either. After losing the purse bid he could have went a different route. Like Haymon did with Quillin when he lost the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    He will let certain fighters go to other networks like other promoters, but of course his top guns he wouldn't. That's why when there is a match up between two big names involving Lomachenko/Crawford, he is always talking Co-PPV. Never once hey the network to offer the most money could put the fight on. And he's absolutely in his right to have that mindset. But he just puts on a front of being able to work with every promoter when in reality he has no problem working with any promoter when they come to HIS network.
                    To be honest, I can't remember any of his fighters going over to fight on another network besides the purse bids. Has never let Beltran go fight any guys over at PBC. Wouldn't allow both Ramirez's to enter the WBSS. He co promotes a few fighters, so I'm sure those guys can fight where ever when it's not in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      To be honest, I can't remember any of his fighters going over to fight on another network besides the purse bids. Has never let Beltran go fight any guys over at PBC. Wouldn't allow both Ramirez's to enter the WBSS. He co promotes a few fighters, so I'm sure those guys can fight where ever when it's not in the US.
                      Sure, but he won't even let some go to other networks if they lose purse bids. I don't think Lomachenko would have fought Crolla on DAZN if they lost the purse bid. Hearn is trying to make Burns/Beltran on the UC of Joshua/Miller, so let's see what happens there.

Every promoter is damn near the same way. Arum just likes to make it seem he is different, when that isn't the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X