No announcement yet.

President to Declare National Emergency for Border Wall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

People really doubling down on this huh. I dunno if I would be with what's on it's way. Something tells me trump is playing chess again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      That's not what I asked you. Has a President ever declared a national emergency and admitted it wasn't an emergency?

And I don't play that "well Obama did it" game because if it were wrong for him then it's wrong for Trump. And that should piss ya'll Trumpanzees off even more that he's doing the same things Obama did. The **** ya'll got pissed about, he's doing the same ****. Even worse in most cases.
      Really what he was saying was I didn't need to do this but I was forced to by the Democrats. That sound bite is being taken out of context. He never said there is no emergency...whether there is or is not. It's just semantics and a game of negative politics.

The reason why I made reference to Obama was because I responded to a post suggesting that Democrats had never done this and might start at some point in the future. Go back and check my post and the quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
        Really what he was saying was I didn't need to do this but I was forced to by the Democrats. That sound bite is being taken out of context. He never said there is no emergency...whether there is or is not. It's just semantics and a game of negative politics.

The reason why I made reference to Obama was because I responded to a post suggesting that Democrats had never done this and might start at some point in the future. Go back and check my post and the quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
          CNN and Jim Acosta perpetuating a sound bite taken out of context...WHAT A SHOCKER!

Trump has already detailed how this will play out in the courts....a la immigration ban style which he ultimately pushed though.
          Last edited by jaded; 02-15-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

CNN and Jim Acosta perpetuating a sound bite taken out of context...WHAT A SHOCKER!

Trump has already detailed how this will play out in the courts....a la immigration ban style which he ultimately pushed though.

He's already lost his cause, saying that he didn't need to call it a national emergency just made his case weaker.

He lost his negotiation in the first place, he got destroyed; it's the equivalent of declaring yourself the winner after losing by KO.

Comment

He's already lost his cause, saying that he didn't need to call it a national emergency just made his case weaker.

He lost his negotiation in the first place, he got destroyed; it's the equivalent of declaring yourself the winner after losing by KO.
              He doesn't negotiate now...it's an executive order and law. It can be contested...but that will be for the courts and lawyers to determine. If it goes all the way to the Supreme court (which is what he already has alluded to probably happening)...well guess who controls that?

In any event...what he was saying was it would have not been necessary except for Democrats forcing this...which if it's in the interest of national security is his obligation to do as President and his right. You should become an intern at CNN.

Comment

He doesn't negotiate now...it's an executive order and law. It can be contested...but that will be for the courts and lawyers to determine. If it goes all the way to the Supreme court (which is what he already has alluded to probably happening)...well guess who controls that?

In any event...what he was saying was it would have not been necessary except for Democrats forcing this...which if it's in the interest of national security is his obligation to do as President and his right. You should become an intern at CNN.

There is no strong reason for the wall to be a national emergency, the facts speak for themselves, he can call them fake news if he wants to, but he needs actual proof, not emotional manipulation to show that a wall is needed.

Comment

There is no strong reason for the wall to be a national emergency, the facts speak for themselves, he can call them fake news if he wants to, but he needs actual proof, not emotional manipulation to show that a wall is needed.
                  Sure thing slick...let me know if you want a letter of reference for that CNN internship.

Comment

Dont worry its coming soon. They'll be here soon enough and he'll be right again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      So the inevitable happened.

Trump gets to build the wall, and in return Team D gets no concessions.

Did you superfans 'win' that one too?

I don't care about this wall storyline that white people care about so much but I have a question for you.

What is the "wall" going to do?

Comment

Working...
                      X