No announcement yet.

The two killings of Sam Cooke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two killings of Sam Cooke

New movie on Netflix now. I haven't seen it yet.

I trust you know that the great singer/songwriter was a good friend to Ali--who got him up in the ring after the W vs Liston 1.

From my looking into this before, it seemed like it could have been an assassination and cover-up.
    Will say more after viewing.

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    New movie on Netflix now. I haven't seen it yet.

I trust you know that the great singer/songwriter was a good friend to Ali--who got him up in the ring after the W vs Liston 1.

From my looking into this before, it seemed like it could have been an assassination and cover-up.
    Will say more after viewing.
    Last week I downloaded some of his songs on my phone. Great singer. I knew he was shot but I never knew the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Last week I downloaded some of his songs on my phone. Great singer. I knew he was shot but I never knew the circumstances.
      Did you watch it?

I just finished it. It was good. I rec'd it. But it's mostly Cooke's bio: life, music, civil rights. His murder is only the last 15 minutes or so and no real investigative aspect. Has people saying the mob or the fbi did it. Clearly was a coverup. Could have had much more here.

Has Smokey Robinso, Quincy Jones, Jim Brown, Dione Warwick. . Vids of Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
        Did you watch it?

I just finished it. It was good. I rec'd it. But it's mostly Cooke's bio: life, music, civil rights. His murder is only the last 15 minutes or so and no real investigative aspect. Has people saying the mob or the fbi did it. Clearly was a coverup. Could have had much more here.

Has Smokey Robinso, Quincy Jones, Jim Brown, Dione Warwick. . Vids of Ali.
        No I haven't seen it. After your post I read about what happened but it was a brief article.

Comment

Working...
        X