Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-27-2019, 04:27 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 23,260.20
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Thurman was RUNNING. Clearly RUNNING. Hands down. Not throwing back. Eating FLUSH shots to the face, head snapping back, for damn near two minutes. I don't even think Thurman landed anything important in return. Plus Thurman himself admitting he was hurt bad. Had that been Lopez the fight would have been stopped after the fourth punch.

Manny landed clean shots in Round 9, but Horn was still defending, still throwing back, RESPONDING. And all of that happened in one minute of Round 9. Round 10 Horn was right back in Manny's face, fighting smart, won the round decisively.

So yes, they are different.

IN one, Thurman was NOT protecting himself and eating flush shots for damn near two minutes. In the other, Horn was still defending, still throwing, in one minute of the round.

People are just inconsistent.
I see where youre coming from man and like I said, if it would have been stopped I think it would have been a travesty but it was definitely grounds for a bad 10+ years ago type UK stoppage if you go by that.

I thought Thurman was very very hurt but I thought he did the right thing and was intelligently defending himself in the sense that he was able to purposely create distance. He wasn’t falling back, he was consciously going back with purpose.

It was alarming to see his head snap back with those punches but if he’d have just thrown weaker, faster punches he would have def gotten a stoppage. Thurman was moving like a hurt man but not a finished one and Josesito wasn’t hitting him enough nor was he in a position to capitalize after landing singular shots.

Josesito was trying to knock Thurman out instead of forcing a ref stoppage and thats why he failed.

If it would have been the other way around the ref has to think about how the fight is looking and how Lopez has already been down. The ref would have to start thinking about how dominant Thurman has been and how Lopez just doesnt have anything for him.

It sounds hypocritical sometimes but it’s a matter of perspective and it’s not exactly playing favorites either.

Willis has been a good ref and I don’t think he’s going to make a bad stoppage like that especially with that much doubt and the way a fight has been going.

Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-27-2019 at 04:31 PM.
NearHypnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2019, 04:46 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
MulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant futureMulaKO has a brilliant future
Bank: 20,591.26
Total Points: 23,321.96
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearHypnos View Post
I see where youre coming from man and like I said, if it would have been stopped I think it would have been a travesty but it was definitely grounds for a bad 10+ years ago type UK stoppage if you go by that.

I thought Thurman was very very hurt but I thought he did the right thing and was intelligently defending himself in the sense that he was able to purposely create distance. He wasnít falling back, he was consciously going back with purpose.

It was alarming to see his head snap back with those punches but if heíd have just thrown weaker, faster punches he would have def gotten a stoppage. Thurman was moving like a hurt man but not a finished one and Josesito wasnít hitting him enough nor was he in a position to capitalize after landing singular shots.

Josesito was trying to knock Thurman out instead of forcing a ref stoppage and thats why he failed.

If it would have been the other way around the ref has to think about how the fight is looking and how Lopez has already been down. The ref would have to start thinking about how dominant Thurman has been and how Lopez just doesnt have anything for him.

It sounds hypocritical sometimes but itís a matter of perspective and itís not exactly playing favorites either.

Willis has been a good ref and I donít think heís going to make a bad stoppage like that especially with that much doubt and the way a fight has been going.
I stand by your quote
Thurman never went down , and was not close to going down
I agree Keith was hurt , definitely without doubt , but stopping the fight their and then would of been wrong imo
Lopez was clearly losing this fight , and yeah maybe if the tables were turned then maybe it should of been stopped for all the shots he took previously
Say what you will but Lopez got dominated after that onslaught
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:55 PM #13
The Watcher

Quoted: 1415 Post(s)
STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,754.53
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ You're a good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 

Quote:
So...Thurman eats flush shots, constantly on the back foot, taking MAJOR damage...and people on here be like

All y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

You got Manny MF'n Pacquiao who lands LESS flush shots on Jeff Horn in Round 9, and all I heard was "ref should have stopped it" - yet Josesito was beating the living HELL out of Thurman in round seven and it's like "he wasn't hurt"? Even Thurman said he was hurt!

Why didn't people say, "Manny should have closed the show"? Why is Lopez not getting the credit that Manny did for what in my eyes was an equivalent performance against a superior fighter?

This is the problem with some of you. Hypocrites. Inconsistent.

Genius he was on a two year layoff coming off of surgery. It is not like he can just pick it up where he left it off.
STREET CLEANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:01 PM #14
Greatness!!

Quoted: 2580 Post(s)
megas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 18,895.86
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for the link - hectari good post! - -jose- No Message - -jose- f*ck racism, cheers! - ,GGG 
That is a good find The Manipulated Mang - hectari 

Quote:
So...Thurman eats flush shots, constantly on the back foot, taking MAJOR damage...and people on here be like

All y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

You got Manny MF'n Pacquiao who lands LESS flush shots on Jeff Horn in Round 9, and all I heard was "ref should have stopped it" - yet Josesito was beating the living HELL out of Thurman in round seven and it's like "he wasn't hurt"? Even Thurman said he was hurt!

Why didn't people say, "Manny should have closed the show"? Why is Lopez not getting the credit that Manny did for what in my eyes was an equivalent performance against a superior fighter?

This is the problem with some of you. Hypocrites. Inconsistent.

I cared little for that Manny fight. Moreover, I never made a comment as to what should have happened in that fight. However, in this Thurman fight, it wasn't about ref, but more about Lopez. If he had trapped Thurman and poured it on, he could have gotten the stoppage; however, Thurman was moving away and occasionally throwing back light hearted single punches and Lopez, himself was satisfied with just throwing single shots, occasionally missing or being blocked.
megas30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:41 PM #15
Contender

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Richard G is infamous around these partsRichard G is infamous around these partsRichard G is infamous around these partsRichard G is infamous around these partsRichard G is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,359.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
Did ref warn Thurman he was going to stop the fight if he didnít show him something? Horn was clearly more hurt than Thurman.
Both Horn and Thurman came back strongly the next round, both Packy and Lopez were incapable of doing a KO. Your 'reasoning' is **** and illustrates what the OP is saying.
Richard G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 PM #16
Dinamita

Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,149.70
Total Points: 31,262.74
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Why are you quoting me you tranny lover?

For one, I never said anything about the Horn fight being stopped. If anything, I actually gave Horn a lot of props for surviving.
_original_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3409 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 51,767.83
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Why are you quoting me you tranny lover?

For one, I never said anything about the Horn fight being stopped. If anything, I actually gave Horn a lot of props for surviving.
First of all, Alexa Bliss is not a tranny.

Second of all, I quoted you because you weren't giving Lopez credit for a dominant 7th where you know full well if he were on the receiving end of that same beating, the ref would have stopped the fight.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:29 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Damn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond reputeDamn Wicked has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,143.71
Cheers man, you're a good poster - Mike D Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Thurman HIMSELF said he was hurt.

Horn was NOT hurt, the ref was trigger finger. Steve Willis just happens to not be a trigger finger ref. Let's just be clear here - Horn dominated the 10th. Hurt fighters don't do that.

My point here isn't even Manny. It's Lopez. People criticizing him for not closing yet praising Manny for his one round of dominance despite him also failing to close. Why aren't you praising Lopez for giving Thurman that work? Why am I not hearing that the ref should have stepped in? Why am I not hearing that Thurman MIGHT have gotten favoritism?

instead it's just excuses: "oh he was off a layoff" "oh he was injured" etc etc. And why wouldn't Thurman have been stopped when he wasn't effectively defending himself for damn near 2 minutes? Did you SEE his head repeatedly snapping back? You want to talk "running"? That was running. Core definition of.

I just want CONSISTENCY, because to my eyes both fights came really down to one round. So either

(A) Manny put on a great performance and got robbed because of that one round, thus Lopez put on a great performance and got robbed because of that one round. Or

(B) Manny didn't close the show in the ONE round of dominance and deserved to lose, thus Lopez didn't close the show in the ONE round of dominance and deserved to lose.
Pacqiuao - Horn was a close fight.
Thurman - Lopez was NOT a close fight.
Damn Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:13 AM #19
!! Shown

Quoted: 789 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 22,477.21
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power No Message - whoelsebutjames 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Thurman was RUNNING. Clearly RUNNING. Hands down. Not throwing back. Eating FLUSH shots to the face, head snapping back, for damn near two minutes. I don't even think Thurman landed anything important in return. Plus Thurman himself admitting he was hurt bad. Had that been Lopez the fight would have been stopped after the fourth punch.

Manny landed clean shots in Round 9, but Horn was still defending, still throwing back, RESPONDING. And all of that happened in one minute of Round 9. Round 10 Horn was right back in Manny's face, fighting smart, won the round decisively.

So yes, they are different.

IN one, Thurman was NOT protecting himself and eating flush shots for damn near two minutes. In the other, Horn was still defending, still throwing, in one minute of the round.

People are just inconsistent.
He was protecting himself with his legs, getting tagged or not, those shots weren't as hard since he was moving back and lopez demonstrated a complete lack of ability to cut off the ring. For him to allow Thurman to circle away from him like that when he is hurt, without putting himself in a position to land more than one shot at a time shows why he is a journeymen.

He did nothing to put Thurman in danger after initially hurting him. He had the opportunity to stop him, but he didn't have the mental clarity to stop and say to himself, "I should cut off the ring. His head is cloudy, circling away is all he can do to survive right now, let me take that away from him."
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:26 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 17,636.34
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

Circular stupidity drawn by the halo effect brought on by a child-like affection toward hierarchy and an equally immature insecurity toward independence culminating in mass waves of cognitive dissonance forcing semantics to be employed as explanation for the hypocrisy of a group.

Ignorant people feel secure about their ignorance when they group up. As long as everyone knows something it can't be wrong.

There's a lack of exalting independent thought and individualism in the states currently and I'm not real sure Europe ever had that culture. I can't speak to modern European culture any better than anyone else, but, read you some boxing history and notice how the English are always talking about "Englishness" what it means to be English, how English conduct themselves, what English pride themselves on, what English enjoy doing, etc. Even denied one of their own the honor of champion because though 100% english by birth the man's character did not match what the English considered English.

If you're busy being worried about what the Mass does, says, thinks, then your mind ain't rightly tuned to your own thoughts but rather the thoughts told to you by the community.

Which means ain't no one got the stones to speak on nothing independently because everyone's scared of being ostracized by a group mouth breathing cro-magnons and they're scared of the grouping of monkeys who climb trees to call themselves tall because they are one themselves and the easiest way to never be forced to acknowledge they are a know-nothing is to hide in the crowd.

A forest is not a tree and a man has legs he may employ when deciding which of the two he means to be.
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
clear, exposes, here., hypocrisy, reaction, round, thurman/lopez

User Tag List