No announcement yet.

I haven't watched Loma yet but I've heard Loma looked horrible. Is it true

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    I didn't catch it til the a.m either and I seriously can't understand what folk are talking about. I think it's one of those cases where expectations have run ahead of reality and also that folk have got caught up in the excitement of the evening. Dominant performance from Loma with spurts of success (as expected) from Pedraza.
    Exactly how I saw it.
    He pretty much won every round coming of surgery fighting a unification.
    So what he didn't get the knock out but he turned it up in the championship rounds.
    Another great performance from the no1 p4p.

Comment

He won nearly every round and dropped pedraza twice. If Lomachenko were black American, he would be ATG already.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        Thanks because I've started worrying maybe shoulder injury didn't go that smooth
        There's definitely an issue there. He punched short and tight with his right arm all night. Even when he had Pedraza completely out on his feet he didn't throw the right hook to finish him.

Still, he never looked in trouble and he outlanded Pedraza 2 to 1 with a far higher connection percentage. I think Pedraza's landed punches percentage was something like 11%, while Loma's was 32%.

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
          I think Loma looked a bit slower,weaker then normally on his feets, also looked tired a bit earlier.
          Loma looks to be to small for the 135 division, it's easy to see that they have height, weight and huge reach advantages over him.
          In my opinion he should move down and collect all the belts, plenty of good fights there also

Pedraza is a underrated boxer and how he made 130 I don't know.
          Lomachenko and other European fighters are held to a unreal standard and often do not get the credit they deserve. Lomachenko could have fought more like Ward and Mayweather but he chooses not because he wants to entertain.

It was horrible commentating of the besputin vs Abreu fight where they almost made fun of besputin because he couldn't stop Abreu(who's never been stopped) even tho he dominated Abreu. Different standards
          Tell you what, it's better to have expectations high for you than have these expectations low. No problem with that
          Last edited by g27region; 12-09-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I'm not trolling. And I didn't have the opportunity to watch the fight yet, so is it true or people making up BS like they always do when underdog doesn't get blown out of water completely
            If we gonna hold it to his standards, pound for pound level standards it was just an okay fight for him.
            The narrative was this was just a belt grab, as we all wanted a mikey fight. This was against a fighter a green tank KOed with ease. Of course Loma’s gonna get criticize if he doesn’t blow him out as easy or somewhere close, as that comes with the territory. The greater you are the greater the responsibility of doing great things to back them up.
            His fan clubs can’t blame the naysayers as they themselves hyped him up to the gills, those level of fanboyism can biteback even from decent perfomances like that.

If we gonna go by mortal standards, then yes that was a very good performance, albeit not really an exciting fight in my opinion.

I believe Mikey beats him before this fight, there’s a lot more reason to belief after.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              If we gonna hold it to his standards, pound for pound level standards it was just an okay fight for him.
              The narrative was this was just a belt grab, as we all wanted a mikey fight. This was against a fighter a green tank KOed with ease. Of course Loma’s gonna get criticize if he doesn’t blow him out as easy or somewhere close, as that comes with the territory. The greater you are the greater the responsibility of doing great things to back them up.
              His fan clubs can’t blame the naysayers as they themselves hyped him up to the gills, those level of fanboyism can biteback even from decent perfomances like that.

If we gonna go by mortal standards, then yes that was a very good performance, albeit not really an exciting fight in my opinion.

I believe Mikey beats him before this fight, there’s a lot more reason to belief after.
              I know, I know, But we can't make assumptions based on how Mikey looked better against Salido and how Loma looked worse against Salido. Or how Mikey looked worse against Roman Martinez and Loma looked better against Roman Martinez.

Yesterday Mikey was an easy fight for Loma based on Easter or Lipinets performance. Today Loma is easy work because of Pedraza performance. That stupid, isn't it?

So far it sounds like Lomachenko got more cautious after Linares knockdown which showed in this fight, maybe he wanted to save his right shoulder too. But often an "off" performances is a beginning of the end of your career, I hope it's not the case

Comment

I know, I know, But we can't make assumptions based on how Mikey looked better against Salido and how Loma looked worse against Salido. Or how Mikey looked worse against Roman Martinez and Loma looked better against Roman Martinez.

Yesterday Mikey was an easy fight for Loma based on Easter or Lipinets performance. Today Loma is easy work because of Pedraza performance. That stupid, isn't it?

So far it sounds like Lomachenko got more cautious after Linares knockdown which showed in this fight, maybe he wanted to save his right shoulder too. But often an "off" performances is a beginning of the end of your career, I hope it's not the case
                I think it’s a little bit of everything. The surgery, the Linares KD, Pedraza doing something right or a number of things right, the bar that Loma is being put into, rustiness etc. yes you’re right we can only hope it’s not the case.

I don’t throw easy KO or easy win predictions when it comes to the elites. That’s just stupid, I doubt it’ll be easy for either of them, I just believe Mikey will win. Great timing can beat speed.

I expect Loma’s activity to go down by a significant margin when he faces Mikey, and will be more cautious— righfully so. Given Loma’s limited power at lightweight, i doubt he does a lot of damage with lesser activity (has been his bread and butter).
                Mikey has elite level timing, and fights disciplinely. He doesn’t go out there swinging, or would bite in with Loma’s constant motion.
                Loma has to take risk to apply his game on Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                  There's definitely an issue there. He punched short and tight with his right arm all night. Even when he had Pedraza completely out on his feet he didn't throw the right hook to finish him.

Still, he never looked in trouble and he outlanded Pedraza 2 to 1 with a far higher connection percentage. I think Pedraza's landed punches percentage was something like 11%, while Loma's was 32%.
                  I'm glad I'm not the only one who was watching if he would throw right hooks and he really didnt. Also did you notice he refused to use movement? His style was very different in this fight. He was very linear and didnt step to the outside at all. Maybe once? Something didnt seem right but while it wasnt an entertaining fighy the scores were right. I personally had it 10-2

Comment

He didn't look terrible at all. He had one terrible round though where he got hit more than I've ever seen.
                    But he made Pedraza miss mostly all night or caught all the punches on the gloves. His offense didn't get going too great until later in the fight, could have been from Pedraza movement or ring rust or the shoulder, who knows but he did what he had to do and won fairly easily albeit not in his usual dominant fashion.

Expectations can be tough to fulfill sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      He won nearly every round and dropped pedraza twice. If Lomachenko were black American, he would be ATG already.
                      Man you whiteys sure are insecure

Comment

Working...
                      X