No announcement yet.

Measurements Of Heavyweight Champions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Gotta' love how he claimed to have known these "by heart," when he clearly just plucked the more well known names and figures from that list (I had that list bookmarked, and it was the first thing I thought of as I started reading his "by heart" list)!

Comment

Originally posted by dog1dog2 View Post
      Gotta' love how he claimed to have known these "by heart," when he clearly just plucked the more well known names and figures from that list (I had that list bookmarked, and it was the first thing I thought of as I started reading his "by heart" list)!
      I didnt even know of this site... if i had known of it i wouldnt have even bothered sitting here for an hour typing mine out.

I know these by heart because i used to own a book with all the heavyweight champions measurements, i read that book so many times a few of them are in my head. but it doesnt matter i have nothing to prove, and to be honest with you i dont give a damn if you beleave me.

ROOSTER

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
        I didnt even know of this site... if i had known of it i wouldnt have even bothered sitting here for an hour typing mine out.

I know these by heart because i used to own a book with all the heavyweight champions measurements, i read that book so many times a few of them are in my head. but it doesnt matter i have nothing to prove, and to be honest with you i dont give a damn if you beleave me.

ROOSTER
        Apparently it does matter, or you wouldn't have attempted to further convince me ......It's really not that big of a deal though.....still a perfectly good thread, even though I still don't believe one iota that you had all of these figures memorized by heart....but really, that doesn't matter- I don't care if you typed them straight from a book or cut and pasted them.....it's still an interesting topic to ponder the evolution of the sizes of the HW Champs. Humans just keep getting bigger and bigger at an astonishing rate over the last 100-125 years, and the sizes of the HW champs throughout history are an interesting sort of microcosmic representation of that.

Comment

Originally posted by dog1dog2 View Post
          Apparently it does matter, or you wouldn't have attempted to further convince me ......It's really not that big of a deal though.....still a perfectly good thread, even though I still don't believe one iota that you had all of these figures memorized by heart....but really, that doesn't matter- I don't care if you typed them straight from a book or cut and pasted them.....it's still an interesting topic to ponder the evolution of the sizes of the HW Champs. Humans just keep getting bigger and bigger at an astonishing rate over the last 100-125 years, and the sizes of the HW champs throughout history are an interesting sort of microcosmic representation of that.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, But you do not know me, Those who do know me know that i read stats on the HW alot, perhaps to much lol, To be honest im abit limited to these things when it comes to current fighters and lighter weights, But from John L Sullivan till the 70s i have alot of knowledge on, some of which is useless lol, But as i said thats your opinion , to judge me without knowing me,Perhaps in time you will get to know me.

Comment

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, But you do not know me, Those who do know me know that i read stats on the HW alot, perhaps to much lol, To be honest im abit limited to these things when it comes to current fighters and lighter weights, But from John L Sullivan till the 70s i have alot of knowledge on, some of which is useless lol, But as i said thats your opinion , to judge me without knowing me,Perhaps in time you will get to know me.
            There's always a doubting Thomas..

One interesting point I wasn't aware of.. Foremans massive reach to small hands ratio.. It's a common fact that big fighters with small hands hit the hardest..

Just altering the subject slightly... While observing you're avatar, It appears Cotto's reach is about a foot longer than Pacs.. Maybe he's bitten off more than he can chew this time...

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              There's always a doubting Thomas..

One interesting point I wasn't aware of.. Foremans massive reach to small hands ratio.. It's a common fact that big fighters with small hands hit the hardest..

Just altering the subject slightly... While observing you're avatar, It appears Cotto's reach is about a foot longer than Pacs.. Maybe he's bitten off more than he can chew this time...

Yes when i first saw that Measurement years ago i doubted it, But it was true, Although you say Bigger men with smaller fists hit harder, That cant be said for Sonny Liston, He had Freakish fists.

Yes i noticed that on my AV too, but keep in mind that isnt a real picture, so Cotto scale might be abit off.

By the way I am behind you all the way with the Non Stop Boxing thread you made. You know what you are talking about, I respect that.

ROOSTER

Comment

Yes when i first saw that Measurement years ago i doubted it, But it was true, Although you say Bigger men with smaller fists hit harder, That cant be said for Sonny Liston, He had Freakish fists.

Yes i noticed that on my AV too, but keep in mind that isnt a real picture, so Cotto scale might be abit off.

By the way I am behind you all the way with the Non Stop Boxing thread you made. You know what you are talking about, I respect that.

ROOSTER
                Good, cos I quite like Pac.. The illusion resembles man vs boy..
                Referring to Liston.. He did have some shovels, but he doesn't make my top 10 on the strength, that the only decent fighter he KO'd was Patterson, who wasn't noted for his chin..
                Many thanks for your support on NBS.. I don't think anyone will ever make a huge difference, but there's great benefits in finding out who your friends are..
                With Boxing History it's a lot easier, as there's only the one imbecile but according to my current observations, there isn't enough Slime to slip over on..
                Last edited by mickey malone; 07-07-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

ROOSTER
                  I knew Tyson's measurement off by heart and a few measurements from the other heavies. So I'm pretty sure you could of remembered those as you seem like a knowledgeable poster. Your YouTube videos are pretty good as well, keep em coming.

Comment

I think the statistics vary a bit too often for me to completely rely on them.

Ali's reach was once measured something like 78 inches, usually it's around 80-81.

I do think that Liston's incredible 84 reach is about right, because he had huge hands, long arms and wide shoulders, despite his relatively short height. On film he seems to have quite a reach advantage over his opponents.

I also think it's quite odd that according to IBHOF Foreman's measurements vary a great deal from the 1970's to the 1990's. I know he had put on more than a few pounds and was older but it's as if he was a completely different person according to the statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                      I knew Tyson's measurement off by heart and a few measurements from the other heavies. So I'm pretty sure you could of remembered those as you seem like a knowledgeable poster. Your YouTube videos are pretty good as well, keep em coming.

Thank you for You support My Friend and your kind words, and i will continue to try to make the best videos i can make. Thanks Again Mate!

ROOSTER

Comment

Working...
                      X