This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

Ronaldo scored vs Chelsea in the CL final??
    Yep.. much more important goal of course.. but 1 goal in 15 games for Ronaldo v Chelsea..

Ah well.. stats are pretty misleading.

Ronaldo always had some tough battles with a prime Ashley Cole.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
      that is typical conte
      I think he just gets so involved in it that he loses track of time.

Hazard's tank empties quicker than the other two. The ball was coming back too quickly after about 70 minutes.

I suppose he thinks he can score a goal by himself or something but it's like expecting a tired boxer to land a knockout blow in the 12th. Didn't seem likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        To be fair to Azpi I think he had to dive in there. He was just too square on and not expecting such a horrific pass. I do wonder if he could have just taken him out though as opposed to try and play the ball. Might even have been too short to
        Nooooo Sparked.. he can't dive in there.

If he dives in he has to get the ball or at the very least the man.

It's a poor mistake by a very good defender.

If he holds his position then Chelsea are still in trouble but Barca have a lot more to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          Nooooo Sparked.. he can't dive in there.

If he dives in he has to get the ball or at the very least the man.

It's a poor mistake by a very good defender.

If he holds his position then Chelsea are still in trouble but Barca have a lot more to do.
          I might have to see it again but I don't think he was on the half turn at all. So he was onto a loser. The pass is still the biggest mistake though because a square pass across what is essentially the 18 yard box is something you're told not to do at school boy level. Though I understand that at that level they have to do unusual things to break that 1st press.

I dunno, it's probably the poxiest goal we've conceded all season. So sods law I guess.

I do understand when Chelsea have played at their top level so I'm not gonna criticise them at all tonight.

Especially this Chelsea side which relatively speaking in comparison to the last decade or so is a fairly ordinary one. And I think they're quite a fragile, weak-willed Chelsea team. A couple of weeks ago they would have got absolutely smashed by Barca. So I don't agree with Phenom there.

I didn't think they looked beyond producing a pathetic bottle job like Arsenal like to do. Could still happen in the 2nd leg mind.

But that was good today. Chelsea have to maintain that status of being resilient because if they lose it I don't really think their here or there. They'll fade into mediocrity. And the Champions League is really the ultimate. Reputations are on the line big time.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-20-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Couple of weeks ago Chelsea didn't have Cesc , Luiz, Willian, Drinkwater, Alonso, Giroud or Morata available Christensen missed a week and Batshuayi was in Dortmund

Chelsea shouldn't have conceded 7 goals against Bornmouth and Watford but you still need to look at the contexts before those matches Chelsea and United conceded the least goals in the league

Add to that Barcelona not exactly smashing anyone in La liga or Champions League recently you have to be either ridiculously overrating Barcelona or underrating Chelsea
            Last edited by Phenom; 02-20-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Couple of weeks ago Chelsea didn't have Cesc , Luiz, Willian, Drinkwater, Alonso, Giroud or Morata available Christensen missed a week and Batshuayi was in Dortmund

Chelsea shouldn't have conceded 7 goals against Bornmouth and Watford but you still need to look at the contexts before those matches Chelsea and United conceded the least goals in the league

Add to that Barcelona not exactly smashing anyone in La liga or Champions League recently you have to be either ridiculously overrating Barcelona or underrating Chelsea

Chelsea missed people but it's Watford and Bournemouth man.. Chelsea should not be shipping 7 goals in 2 games vs them no matter what.. I mean most of those names mentioned are offensive players anyway (even Luiz lol)

I think when you consider Watfords attack vs Barca (Suarez/Messi) a potential beating in the 1st leg was on the cards making the 2nd leg irrelevant (like arsenal like to do).. Especially with how beaten and tired Conte has looked lately.

1-1 is good but i don't see Chelsea winning at Barca.. then again i didn't see them beating Barca before when Torres scored (and Neville went crazy).. So you never know. Chelsea won the CL with a pretty average side before.. but i think this team is worse.. it's a shame though with more investment i think they could be/have been big contenders in the league/CL this season

Chelsea have always impressed me vs Barca though.. usually win the tie (except that robbery/when ballack went crazy).. or just completely shut them down

United who imo was much better (then Chelsea) probably a little biased hehe.. faced the same team mainly in the final a few times and got outplayed. Makes me feel sad now..

Van Der Saar
              Evra.. Vidic.. Ferdinand.. Rafael
              Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Giggs
              Tevez Rooney/Berbatov

Most of them were world class around that time as well (except Rafael)

Comment

• I don't think 1-1 is a great result for Chelsea. They needed to win that or at the very least keep a clean sheet. Are they gonna win or get a high score draw at the Camp Nou to go through?

Kante did a very good job on Messi I thought, cut off so much of his space to receive possession. Best man-mark job I've seen on him in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  City going to go after a bloke from Wigan with a common assault charge for allegedly spitting at Aguero .

Hands down the most disgusting club in football.

I'd love to see that in court, maybe they should go for the death penalty?.

Man City the most morale club in all the World .
                  ****ing hell you'll literally find anything to moan about when it comes to City.

Aguero gets spat on by a pitch invader and City are the one's who are disgusting If you get spat on you're well within your rights to do summat about it mate.

Some remarkable scraping of the barrel going on this season. Suppose you have to when your 'Pep out by Xmas, mark my words' predictions fall a bit short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I think I've written him off already tbh.

He surprised me with his start but what he is now is the kind of player I was expecting. Basically Torres MK II.

Giroud is already our no1 striker and Morata conceivably could be binned in the summer. He hasn't shown anything since his form dipped.

Giroud isn't even in his prime but at the bare minimum you are aware of his presence on the pitch and more importantly so are the defenders. There has been a few games that I could have marked Alvaro Morata ffs.

Top strikers at bigger teams need to be a factor in the game when they are not playing well. Like Drogba. I think on balance he had just as many bad games as good ones but even on his bad days he was battering centre halves and occupying two defenders at all times. Morata does the Torres thing and pulls wide right like a true pussy.

United fans probably aren't as happy with Lukaku but he never travels more than the width of the 18 yard box unless he has to. He is a striker who basically knows his job better than Morata.

Morata is a novice. I don't care who he's played for. He hasn't played enough football.
                    Chris Sutton was probably a better player than Morata when he wasn't effective as a striker, he could play as a defender lol

Maybe we can try Morata to takeover Cahill's place too

I'm confident we can score at least a goal to make the second leg interesting.

Comment

• Yeah I think they have a chance.

2-2 is the result that is feasible imo.

Chelsea had loads of shots yesterday. And the thing with Barcelona is you can give as many free kicks in wide positions and corners away as you like. They're too arrogant to just put it in the box.

I've always maintained it is a different kettle of fish when a good team sits and counters compared to 90% of the prem that do it week in week out.

It's hard for them to score imo. Bigger pitch will help them though but might also help Willian and Pedro. Biscuits, Rakatic, and Iniesta are slow, man.

I dunno Barca must be better than they showed because I think a lot of teams would beat them

Comment

Working...
                      X