No announcement yet.

Former start up All White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Former start up All White

So apparently one of the start ups I was doing consulting for who laid me off sent me a Xmas card email with their whole new team.

Everyone is wearing suits and guess what everyone is WHITE. There is one ugly asian chick who does like customer service but yeah everyone else is WHITE. They look like a stereotypical frat house some even have long 1980's rock metal hair.

I was the only brother on their team, let alone the only ethnic minority and with the most experience in sales, management and marketing. The 2 founders pretty much hired a bunch of their friends with no sales or business background at all to replace me and there was another Persian dude who also got the axe. Persian dude was really smart and probably had the second most sales experience behind me.

I'm Still cool with their CTO he's actually a really cool guy. But yeah can't lie and say this image didn't piss me off big time!

They were only paying me 48K + commission, but again it was a start up company and now they seem to be doing much stronger. Rumor was my CTO friend wanted to hire me back with them, but the 2 founders didn't want me back.

I was told they could't keep me on payroll because of that ugly asian chick wanted a higher salary believe it or not and thats why they had to let me go.

I also closed 37 deals for them more than any other sales rep at the time. Im sure they are closing a ton more these days.

But yeah something for all of you to think about. Just saying.

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    So apparently one of the start ups I was doing consulting for who laid me off sent me a Xmas card email with their whole new team.

Everyone is wearing suits and guess what everyone is WHITE. There is one ugly asian chick who does like customer service but yeah everyone else is WHITE. They look like a stereotypical frat house some even have long 1980's rock metal hair.

I was the only brother on their team, let alone the only ethnic minority and with the most experience in sales, management and marketing. The 2 founders pretty much hired a bunch of their friends with no sales or business background at all to replace me and there was another Persian dude who also got the axe. Persian dude was really smart and probably had the second most sales experience behind me.

I'm Still cool with their CTO he's actually a really cool guy. But yeah can't lie and say this image didn't piss me off big time!

They were only paying me 48K + commission, but again it was a start up company and now they seem to be doing much stronger. Rumor was my CTO friend wanted to hire me back with them, but the 2 founders didn't want me back.

I was told they could't keep me on payroll because of that ugly asian chick wanted a higher salary believe it or not and thats why they had to let me go.

I also closed 37 deals for them more than any other sales rep at the time. Im sure they are closing a ton more these days.

But yeah something for all of you to think about. Just saying.
    Wow. I thought only non-whites engaged in this sort of behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
      Wow. I thought only non-whites engaged in this sort of behavior.
      Don't worry we'll all be partying for days when Trump's finally impeached or resigns.

Comment

White Privilege is cool what can I say.....

Comment

Sorry to hear bro. I'm technically a diversity hire myself, even though I'm white. Disabled. It's a weird feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
            White Privilege is cool what can I say.....
            thing is i wouldn't be so pissed if they all looked smart and sharp, but one of the founders brought in his aunt who is a total bimbo and his college dorm room buddies who just smoke weed all day. those are the ones with long 80's rock metal hair.

i mean when you get replaced with those types of people knowing you closed 37 deals for them more than any sales rep at the time its gotta hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
              Sorry to hear bro. I'm technically a diversity hire myself, even though I'm white. Disabled. It's a weird feeling.
              what is your disability bro if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                They look like a stereotypical frat house some even have long 1980's rock metal hair.
                We need some pics.

Comment

If thats the case, that's fucked up. Sorry bro.

Comment

Lost half of my right hand in an industrial accident seven years ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X