Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley fights 12/15 in Miami possibly against Berto, Gamboa on Pac/Marquez undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Then he was stupid to involve Arum in that ordeal in that way, he should have enlisted his help and everything would have been worked out much sooner and he wouldn't have needed to be on the shelf for 15 months.

I get the wanting to get out from Oner part, but if he wanted to keep dealing with Top Rank things would have went way smoother for him.
    You can't separate one from the other, once the Oner contract is nullified the one with Arum goes down the drain too, remember that Oner sold part of Gamboa to Arum not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      You can't separate one from the other, once the Oner contract is nullified the one with Arum goes down the drain too, remember that Oner sold part of Gamboa to Arum not the other way around.
      Sure he could have it all nullified and gone right back with Top Rank. Without Top Rank also fighting it would have gone much smoother~

Him not being on the same page as Top Rank cost him 15 months, in the prime of his career and in the end going back to them is unjustifiable.

Comment

Hell no it is not worth the year, I mean if he was going in a completely different direction I could feel that to a degree but still wasting a year is a hefty price.

The whole thing is he could have stayed with Top Rank and still aced out Oner hell they would have been pleased as punch to do that and that time would not have got wasted.

So hard for me to feel the move if this is how it will end up, but either way the most important thing is for him now is to get his career back on track as nothing can change the past
        What a hefty price is training for 3-4 months, putting your life on the line fight night and getting screw in the process, the check is for 1.2 million and you have to pay 30% to Oner 25% to Gonzalez and another % to Arum+ head trainer, sparring, food, hotel and all the other $h1t that you need to pay and uncle Sam, do the math

Comment

Then he was stupid to involve Arum in that ordeal in that way, he should have enlisted his help and everything would have been worked out much sooner and he wouldn't have needed to be on the shelf for 15 months.

I get the wanting to get out from Oner part, but if he wanted to keep dealing with Top Rank things would have went way smoother for him.
          Hell no it is not worth the year, I mean if he was going in a completely different direction I could feel that to a degree but still wasting a year is a hefty price.

The whole thing is he could have stayed with Top Rank and still aced out Oner hell they would have been pleased as punch to do that and that time would not have got wasted.

So hard for me to feel the move if this is how it will end up, but either way the most important thing is for him now is to get his career back on track as nothing can change the past
          You're making assumptions about Gamboa's contract with Arena Box/Top Rank. While it's possible that Arum could've helped, it's just as possible that his hands were tied. No one here knows the exact details of Yuri's deal with either party. Many people on this forum jumped the gun and presumed Gamboa's career was over after he pulled his stunt with Top Rank. They were dead wrong. I'm not saying you're wrong, too, simply that you don't have enough details to say what you're saying. None of us do.

Comment

Sure he could have it all nullified and gone right back with Top Rank. Without Top Rank also fighting it would have gone much smoother~
            You don't know this. Do you have a copy of the contract? Are you a lawyer, or have you contacted a lawyer well-versed in contract law to verify this claim?

Him not being on the same page as Top Rank cost him 15 months, in the prime of his career and in the end going back to them is unjustifiable.
            Gamboa hasn't "gone back" to anyone. He's fighting on the under-card of a Top Rank show, but they're not his promoter. Yuri doesn't have a long-term contract with them anymore. They don't get a piece of him. Whatever deal Gamboa has with his current promoter, it stands to reason that it's better than whatever he had going with Top Rank/Arena Box.

Comment

everybody was fighting

Comment

Yea I do have enough details because he would not have been with 50 if he was cool with Arum still. He fucked Top Rank over when if he was working with them things wouldn't have went like that, it is straight up obvious. So in turned Gamboa got fucked by having to shelf his career.

I have been real understanding of Gamboa in this mess and figured he could get away because it looked like he got taken advantage of by people who should have been looking out for his interests. But to me he wasted more than a year for very little~ and time was always the biggest thing he would lose s he should have done more to lose less.
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-29-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  everybody was fighting
                  Yea and it didn't need to be that way if he didn't care about working with Top Rank.

Comment

Yea and it didn't need to be that way if he didn't care about working with Top Rank.
                    So what do you have proposed, amicable discussion with thief's?
                    Don't be naive if Gamboa didn't shake up all those leeches off of him he will be tied up with Oner and cia for the rest of his career, he did what he need it to do in order to get his career in order, it cost him a year it could have cost him more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                      That Oner dude is garbage. I dislike him with a passion. Btw something tells me that video was recorded when the Salgado fight was announced. But of course that aint happening no more. Unless there's a fight brewing around that we dunno about.
                      Oner is one of the biggest lowlifes in boxing. However, all the fighters that signed with him got moved fast, and quickly signed copromo agreements with the top US promoters. Compare the Irish Cubans

Comment

Working...
                      X