Shoulder Popping Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Popping Out

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with my left shoulder popping out every now and again (twice in last 7 weeks)

Whilst sparring last night it popped out and in once again and is quite sore. I box orthodox.

Other than resting etc are there any exercises I can do to strengthen my should to stop this happening in the future?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by LPBURTON View Post
    Hi Guys,

Having an issue with my left shoulder popping out every now and again (twice in last 7 weeks)

Whilst sparring last night it popped out and in once again and is quite sore. I box orthodox.

Other than resting etc are there any exercises I can do to strengthen my should to stop this happening in the future?

Thanks in advance
    Have you had a doctor take a look, take some x-rays just to make sure there isn't a bigger issue?

Comment

Not yet, need to find some time to get over there, have such a busy schedule with work!!

Comment

Yeah you should go to a doctor just to make sure there isn't a bigger problem. But you probably have a loose shoulder joint. You should strenghten your rotator cuff muscles and also could benefit from training your back muscles that are join in with your scapulae(rhomboideus, trapezius, lats and serratus anterior)

Comment

Advice on seeing a doctor is good and advice on strengthening your shoulder is solid as well. Your shoulder "popping out" could be weak tendons and a doctor may see some torn tissue as a result.
          Physical therapy and/or strength training could prevent many shoulder problems before they occur. More importantly it might avoid those pesty doctor bills/future visits.

Comment

Cheers lads, i will give the doc a call and get booked in

Comment

Best move at this point. Let us know what happens.

Comment

How do you know your shoulder is popping out? I lot of people think theirs is, but it's something else. Might be your AC joint being noisy. Torn ligaments (Haggle) will put you on your knee's and thats when a shoulder pops out.

Either way, this board isn't the place. You need to find and orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine, not an orthopedic thats does old lady hips as the majority of his patients.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X