Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest fighter not to make it into the IBHOF (yet)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the greatest fighter not to make it into the IBHOF (yet)?

So we often get threads and chats around who is the worst fighter to make the hall, but who, in your opinion is are the greatest fighters that havent yet been inducted?

Try to pick guys who have been retired a while and have had a few chances to be inducted. If its just 1 or 2 years being eligible then they might have just been unlucky so far with others on the ballot.

Prince Naseem often seems to be the one people call for to get inducted. At one time he held almost all the belts in his class with one being stripped from him due to boxing politics. Several very good wins over a short career, but no signature wins. Only a signature loss unfortunately vs Barrera, which due to him retiring shortly after, his reputation never recovered from.

I also noticed the other day that Cerferino Garcia hasnt been inducted. He is best remembered for losing and drawing with Henry Armstrong, and losing to Barney Ross. But there are plenty of potential HoFers today who have lost to both Pac and Mayweather, and that is the standard of those two fighters. Still has some very good wins on his ledger inc. Kid Azteka, Fred Apostoli, Lloyd Marshall, Aaron Wade, Baby Joe Gans, Bobby PAcho, Al Manfredo and others (I am by no means a boxing historian).

PRobably some much better examples, so lets hear them
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 11-17-2017, 06:32 AM.

Straight of the bat, I could mention Ayub Kalule and Dariusz Michalszewski.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Straight of the bat, I could mention Ayub Kalule and Dariusz Michalszewski.
      That should be your catchphrase, Batt

Good shouts

Edit: Or a Sports/boxing news and opinion show

"Hello there and welcome to another episode of 'Straight off the Batt" with your host, Battling Nelson..."
      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 11-17-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        That should be your catchphrase, Batt

Good shouts

Edit: Or a Sports/boxing news and opinion show

"Hello there and welcome to another episode of 'Straight off the Batt" with your host, Battling Nelson..."

Oh yes I need a talk-show!!

Comment

Eddie Booker is up there

Comment

Hamed is in the Hall of Fame.

Greatest that's not inducted? Jones, Hopkins, Mayweather, Marquez, Pacquaio but not yet eligible.

Greatest that's not included but eligible? I'll say Gilberto Roman. He was a masterful boxer and had a great run and beat some other guys that could and should make the hall.

Comment

Booker is already in.

Eligible but not yet in: Vitali Klitschko and Erik Morales would be my top candidates.

Comment

I thought Vitali wasn't eligible until next summer?

Comment

The official induction ceremony is in June next year, but he's eligible for the voting that is going on right now... the result of which will be made public in a couple of weeks time.

Comment

Esteban De Jesus should be in.

There's no shame in losing at lightweight to Roberto Duran, and beating Duran at that weight is a tremendous credit to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X