No announcement yet.

Training and shift work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training and shift work

How do you guys who work different shifts manage your training?!

I might be starting alternating shifts soon (6-2 one week, 2-10 the next and repeat)

Thinking I'm gonna be able to hit the gym one week but will have to train at home for the next week, gonna have to get some self-discipline!

Hey I worked those hours for 16 years. Only i did nights in between aswell. I worked 6am-2pm one week, 10pm-6am the next, and the third week i would work 2pm-10pm. It is a real ***** if you are trying any physical activity in between. I would always work my ass off on weekends when there was no work and have i day a week off during workdays. Glad those days are over though. At least you aren't working nights in between

Comment

i work nights. 11-7. Best way for me is soon as I get out I go workout. Cause i experimented with sleeping first then working out. For me that **** did not work no motivation at all. Just wanted to chill all day, especially if it is a bad day out. In the morning I have no exuses i'm up and my job is relatively close to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
        i work nights. 11-7. Best way for me is soon as I get out I go workout. Cause i experimented with sleeping first then working out. For me that **** did not work no motivation at all. Just wanted to chill all day, especially if it is a bad day out. In the morning I have no exuses i'm up and my job is relatively close to the gym.
        I work midnight to 8am. My workout routine suffers because of it too. Some days I'm just too tired to workout right after work and besides that nobody else is hardly in the gym. Sparring is scarce since everyone else is working out in the evenings when I'm asleep.

Comment

^what kind of jobs do you guys have^

Comment

Originally posted by toehead View Post
            ^what kind of jobs do you guys have^
            I do software and hardware repair on Lucent 5ESS Phone switches for a large phone company.

Comment

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
              I do software and hardware repair on Lucent 5ESS Phone switches for a large phone company.
              I'm a xray tech for a hospital.

Comment

wow, sounds tough working nights as well

I almost got put on the night shift but I couldn't do it due to me being diabetic!

And I passed the drug test so I'm gonna be working those shifts at least until christmas!

Better than being unemployed though, I have no motivation since I ain't been working!

Comment

I used to work for a tyre manufacturing company until they went bust! I won't lie to you though, I don't miss the place and I am appreciating having some time off

Comment

Working...
                  X