Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua on Joseph Parker: Is He Trying To Sell His Belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Yeah that's b.s.

Charles Martin got like $6 million to fight AJ. There's no way Parker is worth less than that.
    Martin had a belt while Joshua didn't.... They needed to pay the belt holder a lot of money to come into the challeger's back yard. It was an entirely different situation.

Comment

Boxing is a business and this is one of the reasons fights gets made or not get made. You got to understand every side of boxing to understand why some fight doesn't come off, if not then YDKSAB (Roger Mayweather)

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
        Nothing wrong with asking for 40%

He won't get it but you can't blame the guy
        40% of everything.. It wasn't just a 60/40 split.. He wants 40% off gate revenue, ad sense, sponsorships.. That kind of deal is never done in this sport. Companies that sponsor the fight will only sponsor it for AJ so why should Parker take a slice of that. Parker should only get a percentage split of purse and some PPV revenue. 6 to 8mill is more than enough for him.
        Last edited by NahMean; 11-10-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          40% of everything.. It wasn't just a 60/40 split.. He wants 40% off gate revenue, ad sense, sponsorships.. That kind of deal is never done in this sport. Companies that sponsor the fight will only sponsor it for AJ so why should Parker take a slice of that. Parker should only get a percentage split and some PPV revenue. 6 to 8mill is more than enough for him.
          Parker fights in New zealand are on PPV right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Parker fights in New zealand are on PPV right?
            I'm not sure maybe but boxing isn't huge there.. He only sold 3/5 thousand tickets wherever he fought. And his last fight was on YouTube

Comment

I'm not sure maybe but boxing isn't huge there.. He only sold 3/5 thousand tickets wherever he fought. And his last fight was on YouTube
              I know that his last fight with Fury was on Youtube but i thought he had a massive following in NZ. I thought his fights were on PPV. Maybe thats why he wants 40%.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I know that his last fight with Fury was on Youtube but i thought he had a massive following in NZ. I thought his fights were on PPV. Maybe thats why he wants 40%.
                Nah he fought in small areas with loads of empty seats. He made less than 1 million against Hughie.. But wants 20+million against AJ. That's basically him saying he wants to sell the belt.

Comment

Nah he fought in small areas with loads of empty seats. He made less than 1 million against Hughie.. But wants 20+million against AJ. That's basically him saying he wants to sell the belt.
                  Yeah that is what it looks like, i think AJ is making that point, in reference to people, that kept saying Charles Martin came over here, to sell his title to him. If i usually earn 2million pounds then i get an offer from 5million then i would obvious want to push the boat as far as i could get but it would still be a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by heatman View Post
                    Parker is a paper champ. The sooner he loses that belt the better
                    Eddie bought AJs belt off martin. Parker had to fight decent heavy weights for his

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Yeah that's b.s.

Charles Martin got like $6 million to fight AJ. There's no way Parker is worth less than that.
                      But martin was paid to hand over the belt without a fight. That's why it was so high.

Comment

Working...
                      X