No announcement yet.

WBSS 140 fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Taylor and Flanagan would be great additions and make this a great tournament. That would be 3 belts, a bunch of unbeaten fighters including one of the best young fighters in the sport. A potential Prograis-Taylor final is mouth watering.

Hopefully Inoue enters at Bantamweight too.
    Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    How good would that be! that elevates the tournament to a 9/10 instead of a 7/10 currently... Taylor and Flanagan are fighting in June 2 weeks apart.... lets hope they can get a agreement that the winners will enter...
    Could see there being an issue with Taylor entering, him pretty much being Cyclones only fighter. Just means we'd have to settle for Ramirez/Taylor whilst the tournament is on, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      At least one of them would be good even. The Cruiserweight tournament was originally slated to not include Usyk but then they got him in there.
      The tournament would be more legit with another title in there, but my fanboy bias would prefer my fellow Scot in it.

1 of 2 wouldn't be too bad, I'd question why they couldn't get both though.

Comment

How good would that be! that elevates the tournament to a 9/10 instead of a 7/10 currently... Taylor and Flanagan are fighting in June 2 weeks apart.... lets hope they can get a agreement that the winners will enter...
        Solid stuff.

I think it's a little light on starpower, though. Where are they going to stage these fights, these guys are not the biggest draws? I wonder if they could tempt someone from lightweight to move up and help round it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Could see there being an issue with Taylor entering, him pretty much being Cyclones only fighter. Just means we'd have to settle for Ramirez/Taylor whilst the tournament is on, lol.
          Yeah I think you're right, he's guaranteed a WBC shot any way if he beats Postol, not sure he'd give that up for the WBSS?

Comment

perfect timing for garcia to go back to 135 and fight a guy who just lost to fortuna. guy cant catch a break!

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              I am really not too interested, because the 140 division looks extremely weak, still. I wasn't too hyped up about 168 in the first series, but 140? Even less excited about it.
              168 was considered bumsville when the tournament happened. after ward won he became an all time great for beating a bunch of slow reflex/non explosive fighters. i get it?

Comment

Gonna boldly call it now, if he enters Josh Taylor wins this entire tournament.

Shame about Ramirez not entering, but if we get those 4 plus Taylor, Flanagan, Lipnets and Indongo. It’ll be a damn good tournament

Comment

Yeah I think you're right, he's guaranteed a WBC shot any way if he beats Postol, not sure he'd give that up for the WBSS?
                  Think hed want to enter the comp, Cyclone would prefer he didnt

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    Hopefully Josh Taylor can get himself into this tournament.
                    Obviously has to get past Postol.
                    I think he will KO Postol.

Comment

Hope the line up looks something like this

Prograis-Josh Taylor
                      Relikh-Troyanovsky
                      Flanagan-Maybe Catterall ?
                      Baranchyk-Yigit

Also wouldnt mind Lipinets in here...and Orozco...Figueroa. Guys like that

Comment

Working...
                      X