Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ran a marathon today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to crap really bad would you cut out of the race or just let it loose and keep running?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      If you had to crap really bad would you cut out of the race or just let it loose and keep running?

They have spot-a-pots every couple of miles!

Most of this marathon was on an old highway along Lake Superior and quite a few people just peed on the shoulder of the road. No girls did it though which is a bummer.

Comment

I can’t run that far. Never tried, but I’m a heel striker, bad for back, joints, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I can’t run that far. Never tried, but I’m a heel striker, bad for back, joints, etc.
          Yeah it takes a toll on your body running like that. I see a lot of older people running and they look like they're wincing in pain the whole time and their form looks really weird because their knees are shot. They must be addicted to something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            Yeah it takes a toll on your body running like that. I see a lot of older people running and they look like they're wincing in pain the whole time and their form looks really weird because their knees are shot. They must be addicted to something about it.
            I do a lot of stair climbing, it helps me a lot.

Comment

Always wanted to do a marathon but my right knee is prone to injury due to an old sports injury. Whenever I up the mileage to around 30 miles a week or more I just end up with runners knee.

I've done a number of half marathons about a decade ago but then quit long distance running after doing the 3 peak challenge as that totally ****ed my knee for ages. Am going to give it one more try this year, am doing a half marathon in Sept and then hopefully a full marathon in October if my knee allows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I do a lot of stair climbing, it helps me a lot.

Yeah that's way less impact on your joints, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Marathons are brutal. I even trained pretty good but still hit a wall around mile 22 and struggled my way to the finish. Anyone else ever done these weird marathon races?
                  Congrats, the most I can run is just 6 miles then I hit the wall!

Comment

ur one brave mfer, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Good on ya if ya really did do it.
                      You seem to me like the biggest good Samaritan do gooder.
                      I honestly dont know if i should believe you or not.
                      In any case if you are who you say you are ive never known anyone like you.
                      Hope your feet aint to sore to go to work in the mornin.
                      Is your alt Sun space??
                      He is a Sunspace alt and so am I.

Comment

Working...
                      X