Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Pac do against the champions Floyd beat for his titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    i like how you conveniently choose all the fights where floyd struggled in lol

maidana would get lit up. just because he did well and beat floyd in their first match up, dont mean he'll beat manny. 2 totally different style. this is the same maidana that was flopping on the floor like a fish out of water in the khan fight.
    Mayweather didn't struggle with Alvarez though.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Also Dan_cov, I respect your opinions and you've been around for a min so I know you know boxing but we're talking about prime PAC that didn't duck anyone and fought the best fighters available to him. The toughest fights would be against a 20-21 year old green Canelo who is a good fighter but inexperienced especially against the handspeed Pac has handspeed kills

Maidana who does very good against fighters with bad footwork (floyd, broner, ortiz), Pac wouldn't let him clinch him and Maidana doesn't have good head movement and would be a sitting target against him. Hes tough as nails so I'm not sure PAC could stop him but it would be target practice for that straight left.
      And remember the Marg fight could've easily been stopped by TKO

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        That's exactly what he'd be doing you crack head. Canelo cant consistently move, pacquiao would light that boy up. He hots much harder than Floyd, a young, inexperienced Canelo would likely get broken in that fight.

Pacquiao also absolutely stops Castillo.
        according to Oscar and Mosley they hit about the same, Manny just threw more shots

Comment

I think a better question would be to ask how Pacquiao would fair against these guys at the time that Mayweather fought them. I believe this because there are people that Pacquiao lost to at certain stages in his career that Mayweather would have NEVER lost to. Prime Manny Pacquiao beats most fighters in history that are in or near his class, so asking how a 130 Castillo would do against a 147 Pacquiao feels disingenuous.

To actually answer the question though, he should brutally deal with everyone not named Alvarez or Castillo. Castillo was able to keep up with Mayweather's elusiveness, and was beyond battle tested. Pretty sure that the best version of his chin would have stood up to a baseball bat. With Alvarez, you get a mover with very fast hands, astute counterpunching, active upper body movement, good gas tank, and massive size and power advantages. Pacquiao in his prime was nowhere near the boxer he is now, and was actually much easier to hit. If Marquez could find him consistently, I don't see Alvarez having much problem either. Just my opinion.

Comment

Surprised people are saying Pac wouldn't stop Maidana. Maidana has a great powerful offensive style but it doesn't bode well when it's against someone of an equal or more dangerous offense. Khan was blowing him out competitively for just about every round. Maidana had no answer but kept his legendary composure and confidence to keep looking for that one lucky shot. He found the shot.. and almost TKO'd a very UN-durable Khan. Pac not only is more durable than Khan, he is also a two handed fighter with much more explosive power. Say what you want about Ortiz's performance, he had Maidana falling left right. Pac's power would likely stop Maidana; if it's the same Pac that stopped Cotto and Hatton.

All the rest Pac beats as well. Boldamir? Come on. Hernandez would be interesting but Pac again has too much power. That low center of gravity would do him in. Judah wouldn't be able to take the heat obviously. Also he's a south paw.. Pac's best performances are against south paws. Even a Canelo that isn't drained couldn't compete with that kind of punching output and angles.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              i like how you conveniently choose all the fights where floyd struggled in lol

maidana would get lit up. just because he did well and beat floyd in their first match up, dont mean he'll beat manny. 2 totally different style. this is the same maidana that was flopping on the floor like a fish out of water in the khan fight.
              Floyd didn't struggle against Canelo. He struggled early against Judah

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Looking back at the major titles Floyd won, how do you think the following fighters would have stood up against a prime Pacquiao?

Genaro Hernandez

Jose Luis Castillo

Arturo Gatti

Zab Judah

Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz

Canelo

Maidana
                Pac beats all of the above opponents in a brutal fashion.

Supreme Leader

Comment

Pac will beat them all like a hot knife in a butter.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    That's exactly what he'd be doing you crack head. Canelo cant consistently move, pacquiao would light that boy up. He hots much harder than Floyd, a young, inexperienced Canelo would likely get broken in that fight.

Pacquiao also absolutely stops Castillo.
                    Didn't you accuse him of just that vs GGG? A simple yes or no without name calling will do.

Comment

Canelo has all the tools needed to nullify Manny's output and angles.
                      This is exactly what counterpunchers do. Pac was a little dynamo but noway is he throwing 1,000 punches vs someone with Canelo's ring IQ, his feints and counterpunching ability.

Throwing that volume vs a static Clottey and a straight line pressure fighter that doesn't move his head in Margarito is one thing but he's not going to be able to vs Canelo who will be making subtle movements, setting traps and hitting him harder than he's ever been hit before.

Comment

Working...
                      X