Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Espinoza explains why that contract is a slave contract.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
    Espinoza proud of getting ripped off for putting this bum ass dude on tv.

Comment

how could it be a slave contract when slaves weren't paid, actually they weren't seen as people but things that one could possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        so all the reported purses don't matter?
        Correct. I've said this over and over and over. Now the head of Showtime sports, who actually buys the fights, is publicly confirming it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          I haven't seen anything showing that Broner is making more than $2m per fight. Even if he is by some miracle, he sure as hell isn't making $10M per fight. Maybe it's 2.5, or 3.5m max. Hearn is guaranteeing him salary over 3 fights.

Broner can decline and say 'eh, I'll take my chances that I can earn more by myself over next 3 fights'. Calling it a 'slave contract' is Broner being a sensationalistic moron once again.
          Broner is making more money by himself, taking in a purse and some of the revenue for the fight. Why would he sign 3 fight contract that pays him less and now stuck with a promoter that he has to obliged to? Take in count that Hearn would take a percentage and Broner won't be seeing any money from the revenue of his fights. Pretty sure he gets his purse check along with a check to his promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            wrong. What he currently makes is irrelevant. Hearn obviously is not looking to lose a bunch of money, so like any responsible businessman, he offers what he thinks the revenue will support. And the receiver of that offer can accept, decline, or make a counter offer, and go from there. Broner just happens to be ******ed and does his best to publicly burn bridges when doing so makes absolutely no sense.
            Okay, I'm glad to know that you would waste your time offering less money than what they are currently making to someone who works for a rival company. Good luck getting them to work for you.

I'd be careful with the use of the word "******" when in reference of others, while being so heavily flawed in your thinking process.

I'd also like to add, when trying to "steal" a fighter from their promoter/or whoever they are loyal to at the moment, make sure you make them an offer that is hard to refuse or that they'd atleast consider.
            Last edited by lolpz; 05-24-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Not sure why people are harping on Broner being a mediocre fighter. I'm not even a fan of his but the reality is that when his fights are on, people go and attend them, or sit at home and watch them. He's a fool, but also a money maker.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Correct. I've said this over and over and over. Now the head of Showtime sports, who actually buys the fights, is publicly confirming it as well.
                then, do the numbers have any value at all?

Russell Jr reportedly earned 1.4 mio in his last fight, broner around 1 mio.
                did Russell earn in actual money 1.4x the amount of broner? or do these numbers at the end of the day have the same value as imaginary numbers?
                why even report the numbers if they don't have any meaning?

Comment

Don't know who I think is more stupid, the guy offering the contract or the one refusing it.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    Okay, I'm glad to know that you would waste your time offering less money than what they are currently making to someone who works for a rival company. Good luck getting them to work for you.

I'd be careful with the use of the word "******" when in reference of others, while having that many flaws in your thinking process.

I'd also like to add, when trying to "steal" a fighter from their promoter/or whoever they are loyal to at the moment, make sure you make them an offer that is hard to refuse or that they'd atleast consider.
                    Lmao green k bro

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
                      Not sure why people are harping on Broner being a mediocre fighter. I'm not even a fan of his but the reality is that when his fights are on, people go and attend them, or sit at home and watch them. He's a fool, but also a money maker.
                      Shallow minded. The skills have nothing to do with the revenue. The Lakers have sucked horribly the last 3 years and they are still Top 5 in nba revenue.

Comment

Working...
                      X