Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top rated fights in the last 2 years, US Stars (Wilder, Broner, Spence.. vs GGG)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is pulling those numbers on Showtime. That's a much more impressive feat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Here are most of the rop rated fights on premium cable and ESPN, comparing GGG to the US American top fighters.

Golovkin - Wade 1.3m
      Golovkin - Vanes 1.3m
      Wilder - Ortiz 1.1m
      Crawford - Diaz 960k
      This should really put things in perspective for the Wilder haters. He's not on ESPN. He's not even on HBO. HBO is in wayyyy more homes than SHO and SHO allows all sorts of online streaming that isn't counted by the ratings, which is why HBO blocks those same methods.

Between HBO being in more homes and HBO blocking the uncounted streaming that SHO allows, it really shows that Wilder is legitimately the biggest draw of any of the current American boxers.

Yes yes, AJ is a much much much bigger star and boxing is much much much more popular in the UK, but give Wilder his due. He draws bigger ratings and bigger crowds than any other American boxer right now.

Comment

HBO has a much larger subscription base something like 33-50% which isn’t factored in, so it’s not exactly a level playing field

What Those numbers tell me is

Besides Canelo , Gennady is the only fighter on HBO people actually give a sh.it about no matter who the opponent is

Wilder is probably right now the most popular American fighter

For some reason people still watch Adrien Broner

Comment

I love watching GGG and Spence. Hurd and Wilder are great to watch. Broner is popular but I don't like him and always hope he loses. Crawford is great. I am counting on him to give the bragging dirty fighter Horn a vicious beating.

Comment

Working...
          X