Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deciding factor of the fight. Only serious opinions please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
    all this fights in spurts thing is BS lol you want him to let his hands go nonstop for 3 minutes.

Go bet on GGG and stop making threads.
    Yeah, people are making too much of the fighting in spurts thing. Not everyone is Antonio Margarito in his prime. But the underlying point is, GGG is going to make Canelo fight when Canelo doesn't want to (times where he would normally rest). I can't wait to see how Canelo handles that, because if he does handle it he will get the W

Comment

the deciding factor will be kenny bayless and the 3 judges. canelo isnt known to be much of a dirty fighter but you could see that change with kenny in there and the judges well we know what will happen if it goes to decision. if you are betting its canelo by decision and ggg by ko.

Comment

This is really a 50/50 fight. With that being said, whoever has the best game plan and the ability to adjust will ultimately win this fight. I favor Golovkin slightly because he's seen last of what Canelo has to offer in different fighters and had success. If he can keep th right distance and not walk into unnecessary shots he should be able to outbox Canelo.

Comment

This fight is intriguing as hell for a number of reasons. Factors that could decide the fight are numerous.
          - How well can Canelo fight off his backfoot?
          - Can GGG fight Canelo off if he gets inside?
          - Does Canelo have the stamina to keep GGG off of him? Can GGG fight at a fast enough pace for it to matter?
          - Can Canelo hurt GGG? He couldn't hurt a very hurtable Cotto or a dead man walking Chavez Jr.
          - Can GGG win on the cards?
          - If he decides he can't, does that change his approach to the fight? Will that aggressiveness leave him open to Canelo's counterpunching?
          - Is GGG over the hill or was Jacobs just a bad matchup for him?

I like both guys and can't wait for this one. I don't feel confident enough to bet on an outcome, mostly because Canelo always does well with the judges regardless of the actual fight itself. I just hope we get a good one and we get a decisive winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
            This fight is intriguing as hell for a number of reasons. Factors that could decide the fight are numerous.
            - How well can Canelo fight off his backfoot?
            - Can GGG fight Canelo off if he gets inside?
            - Does Canelo have the stamina to keep GGG off of him? Can GGG fight at a fast enough pace for it to matter?
            - Can Canelo hurt GGG? He couldn't hurt a very hurtable Cotto or a dead man walking Chavez Jr.
            - Can GGG win on the cards?
            - If he decides he can't, does that change his approach to the fight? Will that aggressiveness leave him open to Canelo's counterpunching?
            - Is GGG over the hill or was Jacobs just a bad matchup for him?

I like both guys and can't wait for this one. I don't feel confident enough to bet on an outcome, mostly because Canelo always does well with the judges regardless of the actual fight itself. I just hope we get a good one and we get a decisive winner.
            It is a very interesting fight. As confident as I feel that Golovkin will win and it will be dominant, doubt always creeps in. I just haven't been able to envision that the Canelo I've watched for years is good enough to beat the very top end guys (which I believe Golovkin is). I think there are a lot more questions about Canelo than there are about Golovkin.

If Canelo wins he deserves tremendous credit. I don't think you can be anything less than a hell of a fighter to beat Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
            X